What is the best screen protector?
Aug 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I just purchased a new cellphone after my old one got stolen (
frown.gif
). It is a Nokia N80 with a GORGEOUS high-resolution screen, that WILL need protection.

It will spend most of it's time in my pocket (attached to my belt with a chain to avoid getting stolen again
biggrin.gif
) and I do not want any scratches.

What is the best screen protector available? I've heard good things about Boxwave, but they don't make a screen protector for the N80 so Boxwave is out.

Any idea's?

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 18
I went with invisible shield. They had a kiosk at the mall, but I think you can find them online. Anyways, they sold me a kit and I put it on myself. It's hard to tell it's there and it has a lifetime guarantee to protect your gadget from scratches.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 18
Yeah I was thinking of Invisible Shield.

It was between Invisible Shield, Clarivue, Martin Fields and Expert Shield. So Invisible Shield is best?

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 18
Aug 12, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This stuffs identical and much cheaper but they don't have a custom one for the N80. You can buy the 1/3rd A4 sheets and use a scalpel or sharp scissors to cut to size. I use it on everything:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...ins/Categories

I'd prefer to get a custom sized one personally... I am very bad at cutting things
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good idea, it is very difficult to cut neatly. Go with the IS then for sure, they are the best.

Ok then. Now the only decision left is to decide whether I should get full body or just screen protection
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok then. It's more expensive and I've already gone over budget buying the phone, but what the heck
wink.gif

That's the true head-fi spirit right there.

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 18
I have a Brando screen protector for my Samsung U600. Strong, no changes to screen, durable. Great product. My little brother has one for his Samsung D900. Same story.

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Brando screen protector for my Samsung U600. Strong, no changes to screen, durable. Great product. My little brother has one for his Samsung D900. Same story.

Yeah, I've seen Brando ones on Trademe. They are VERY expensive though, almost double the price of a Invisible Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back