What is the best noise canceling headphones?
Apr 16, 2008 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

CMPLX

New Head-Fier
Well I just went on Amazon.com expecting to find a noise canceling that is just far better than the other ones sold in the market... now compelled with the variety of choices I am lost on which ones are the better ones...

My budget is really less than 100 but a few bucks over wouldn't hurt.

I actually like the Bose ones but its just not worth it... they sell they're product for 3 times of what it is really worth so yea...

Please input your recommendations and it would be very appreciated...

and sorry for my like... very formal/polite-ish way of writing right now... just got back from work where I have to write TOSs like something like that.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 12
I prefer IEMs to noise cancelling headphones. if you can find a pair, im716s will give you 25+db of isolation and sound great.

If you need noise cancelling instead, some people like the phillips, and there's another thread where a few people prefer the noise cancelling of the grado sr325is to the QC2s.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer IEMs to noise cancelling headphones. if you can find a pair, im716s will give you 25+db of isolation and sound great.

If you need noise cancelling instead, some people like the phillips, and there's another thread where a few people prefer the noise cancelling of the grado sr325is to the QC2s.

what are iems? and i'm kinda lost for the first part 8P i'm like a nub in this...

and well I am look for something that can filter out low frequency noises like the airplane sound, or the car sound. I will be using these headphones for mainly those purposes. I am tired of blasting my v-modas really high on plane rides and after an hour or two my ears get tired and i have to listen to the hum of the engines for the remaining of the flights lol...

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 12
IEMs are in ear monitors. Like earplugs, but with music
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 12
So like the v-moda vibes i have now... those don't really filter out the outside sounds... probably just turn it down a notch but still...
frown.gif

I bought a pair of grados for a friend but i never used them before... they look kinda funky 8P

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 12
grados won't do anything, that was a joke.

I don't know the isolation on vmodas, but the altec lansings work as well as good earplugs. No noise cancelling phone will do better.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 12
oh I see... because like I was at the Bose store and i tried the quiet comforts and when I put them on, the was like classical music playing and I didn't even notice that there was a low shaking vibrating sound coming out of the speakers... I mainly want those sound to be filtered out.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 12
the bose store doesn't simulate an aircraft very well. The bose do ok, but they sound horrible. I use iems on airplanes, and am happy with the results.

Apr 16, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 12
I second what grawk said. My Shure IEMs block much more sound than both the Sony and Bose active noise-canceling headphones. I did a side by side, and the IEMs win hands down. Not all IEMs block well, but the ones with foam-style tips usually do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back