What is the Best Hearing Protection?
Jul 24, 2010 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Uruha

100+ Head-Fier
I want to get some hearing protection before I damage my ears at concerts or listening to my friends jam. I was thinking there must be something that only lowers the volume and keeping all the clearity stil, not muffledl, and there is something like that! The Ety-plugs. I want to get them but I think the little stems sticking out is a little funny looking. Is there something that does this same thing out there that sits on ur external ear like the universal Westones do instead of sticking out of ur ears like the ety-plugs? I'd just wear my Westone 3s but the tips muffle stuff.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 13
seriously speaking, the stems are unnoticeable once you have it on. i've used the ety er20 red earplugs in clubs, gigs and concerts so many times and nobody has ever noticed it before. In places like these, the last thing people look at are your ears, so don't sweat it

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #4 of 13
I just get whatever is available at the drug store.  My wife makes fun of me for wearing earplugs to concerts, we will see who has the last laugh 40 years down the road LOL. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Haha youll see because someone wont be able to hear
dt880smile.png

What do you wash it with? just soap and water?

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 13
Abstinence is the ultimate form of protection.

If you cant resist the urge to let the sound waves penetrate your inner ear I would go for the Etymotic plugs as a second best choice. 

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #10 of 13
I used these for motorcycling to reduced wind/helmet noise and they were great for that purpose. The 'high-fidelity' earplug description is a bit misleading. I also tried them in community band during an outdoor performance as I was placed near the drum section and they were useless. They blocked out enough sound, but trying to listen to the rest of the band was too difficult as everything sounded distorted. I took them out and suffered with the drum section. They don't preserve sound quality.

Quote:
I have a pair of etymotic plugs, they are great and only $12 with a neat little carrying case.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx 

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 13
      Quote:
i have the exact same thing as i do DJ photography at festivals, i use the macks brand of those particular earplugs called hearplugs with my internet research they seem pretty popular: http://www.macksearplugs.com/products/hear-plugs-earplugs , i wash them with soap and water, or anti bacterial gel, cloth etc...

I think ive seen those at my local music shop! I will see how good the Etys are and then depending on how good they are, i may get the Macks

and lol @kinongod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back