What is the Best DAC ?
Jul 4, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a fantastic thread. Thanks for sharing.

You're most welcome!
..and huge thanks to 'granodemostasa' for creating and maintaining the list.
icon10.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #17 of 18
For 650s you'll need a DAC and headphone amp, or a combo. They're a heavy load at 300 ohms. The combos are good and can save you money.

Something like the Porta Corda / Move (www.meier-audio.de), Total Bithead (www.headphone.com) etc.

In my opinion, Evian bottled water is the best
You would have to train yourself for differences because it is very subtle between the brands. Hope that clears it up.

I absolutely agree. The bottle states "Evian...is characterised by its lightness and balanced composition," an accurate description.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiza_Gab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I have a pair of HD650 and my only source is my Powermac G5, I just want to plug my HD650 in my computer and bypass the mac's sound card, so I think I'd need a DAC, that's right ? Or do I absolutely need a combination of DAC+Amp to bypass the mac's sound card ?

My budget would be around $600 but I can go a little higher. I repeat, I only need to plug it on my computer.

Thanks guys!

How about a usb DAC1? Its headphone out sounds amazing!
280smile.gif

Plus, just by the fact that you visit this forum means you'll be upgrading, and DAC1 is a great source to add other audio components in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back