What is the best DAC I can buy (Used or New) for around 2K
Sep 18, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #31 of 54
  After initially reading about the Atlantic, I stopped. I can't afford it and I don't want to be tortured.  :wink:

Lampizator has an upgrade path they'll take back your Amber II at 90% value 

It has some of the same stuff that's in the 100k DACs at 4.5k  (I should stop too :) )

I can only imagine whats coming in the next few years from them 

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #36 of 54
Congrats x2, look forward to more impressions

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #37 of 54
Congrats! Can't wait for my Atlantic to arrive.

How do you like it ?

What are your thoughts on converting PCM to DSD before going to the Atlantic?

Rob is coming by Monday to install mine and set up the LampizatOr server (which can do PCM to DSD)

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #38 of 54
How do you like it ?

What are your thoughts on converting PCM to DSD before going to the Atlantic?

Rob is coming by Monday to install mine and set up the LampizatOr server (which can do PCM to DSD)

I was blown away by it. Dare I say better than my now departed VPI turntable/Dynavector combination which I thought was untoppable.

Rediscovering all my recordings right now. Even good old 44.1 kHz sounds fantastic!

Since the R2R processing is so good on the Atlantic, I see no need to convert PCM to DSD at all..

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #39 of 54
I was blown away by it. Dare I say better than my now departed VPI turntable/Dynavector combination which I thought was untoppable. Rediscovering all my recordings right now. Even goodold 44.1 kHz sounds fantastic!
Since the R2R processing is so good on the Atlantic, I see no need to convert PCM to DSD at all..

Thats what I was thinking as well

Are you going to leave yours on all the time ?

The manual seemed to imply to do so in order to prolong tube life

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #40 of 54
Thats what I was thinking as well

Are you going to leave yours on all the time ?

The manual seemed to imply to do so in order to prolong tube life

I have been turning it off after each listening session. Never been too comfortable leaving tube equipment on all the time. Even modern stuff..

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #41 of 54
I've had my Lampizator Euforia for about 6 months now and I honestly couldn't be any more happy with it.  I use Roon + HDplayer to up res everything to DSD128 on my everyday desktop (I know not idea but I don't feel like yet another box on my limited shelf space) and it works just fine using an I7.  Getting HDplayer setup correctly is not easy if you're not computer savy (Hell even if you are it can be tricky) but with some patience and willingness to ask questions its worth the hassle.  

I use my Euforia on my speaker setup only, and one nice thing for me is it has a somewhat higher output (was told its about 3V) so my 2A3 amp with its integrated passive pre works wonders with it where it used to struggle and sound a bit thin with my old Wavelength Brick.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #43 of 54
I was blown away by it. Dare I say better than my now departed VPI turntable/Dynavector combination which I thought was untoppable.

Rediscovering all my recordings right now. Even good old 44.1 kHz sounds fantastic!

I currently have a VPI ScoutMaster Signature and Dynavector 20*2L cart, but am in the market for another DAC as well. The Atlantic might be a bit out of my price range though.

Is there a dedicated Lampizator thread?

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #44 of 54

I currently have a VPI ScoutMaster Signature and Dynavector 20*2L cart, but am in the market for another DAC as well. The Atlantic might be a bit out of my price range though.

Is there a dedicated Lampizator thread?

There is a dedicated Lampizator thread at Audiocircle. 
Your analog setup is very nice. I still listen to needledrops (digital transfers) I made years ago of my best LP's played back on my VPI setup. With the Atlantic, they sound as close to the real thing as I have ever heard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back