What is the best app to convert FLAC to MP3?
Sep 22, 2018 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TheRH

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the best app to convert FLAC files to MP3?

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 11
Not sure which app, but Majorgeeks is loaded with free software, I'm sure there is a good program there to convert FLAC to mp3.
I myself would make mp3s (from FLAC) in the 256k or 320k range.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 11
Xrecode (either 2 or 3) is good. Both should be shareware. Free forever just with a little nag screen upon startup. Back end is ffmpeg but the software does all the hard work. Tons of options and can batch process conversions.

If 3 is not shareware anymore just get version 2. I know that one works fine just with a nag screen.

If anyone has better recommendations that are truly free, please let me know as I'd switch over though I do like this program.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Many people do endorse the "Lame" encoder that was referenced early above.

Realistically most MP3 decoders are pretty much the same. If you are really into the quality of the bit reduced stream, look into AAC. It sounds marginally better for any given bit rate. I focus on FLAC files and throw memory cards at it....

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #9 of 11
dBpoweramp is what I use if I converted to .mp3 from FLAC. I use it to convert from FLAC to Apple Lossless, and it works great.
I definitely like dBpoweramp I used it for a long time. It’s more simple and lightweight to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back