What is the AKG-K145?
post-202233
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 9

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
48
Location
I live in the midrange!
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Location
I live in the midrange!
Posts
10,523
Likes
48
     Share This Post       
post-202442
Post #2 of 9

mr man

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2001
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Joined
Nov 18, 2001
Posts
97
Likes
0
they look to me like a supra-aural and older version of the k340. Like how the k141 is the supraaural version of the k240.
 
     Share This Post       
post-203611
Post #3 of 9

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Posts
1,669
Likes
10
Curiosity got the better of me. . . .I was the high bidder. These looked too interesting to pass up. As soon as I get them and give them a listen I'll let everyone know how they sound.
 
     Share This Post       
post-203673
Post #4 of 9

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
48
Location
I live in the midrange!
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Location
I live in the midrange!
Posts
10,523
Likes
48
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Curiosity got the better of me. . . .I was the high bidder. These looked too interesting to pass up. As soon as I get them and give them a listen I'll let everyone know how they sound.


I'm anxiously awaiting your response...in case you can't tell by my postings, I'm a bit of an AKG nut.

 
     Share This Post       
post-203711
Post #5 of 9

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Posts
1,669
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I'm anxiously awaiting your response...in case you can't tell by my postings, I'm a bit of an AKG nut.



Well, since this will be my third AKG phone, I guess I'm there with you. . . .
 
     Share This Post       
post-205806
Post #6 of 9

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Posts
1,669
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I'm anxiously awaiting your response...in case you can't tell by my postings, I'm a bit of an AKG nut.



I got them in the mail today and have given them a quick listen. The first thing that jumped out at me was their midrange--it's fairly transparent and "quick." They seem a little rolled-off on the top and bottom end, but still seem natural. The pair I bought are in pretty good shape, but you can tell that they've been in storage (the seller told me he bought them at an "estate sale").

So far, so good. Not too bad for $75 bucks.
 
     Share This Post       
post-207237
Post #7 of 9

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
48
Location
I live in the midrange!
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Location
I live in the midrange!
Posts
10,523
Likes
48
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
I got them in the mail today and have given them a quick listen. The first thing that jumped out at me was their midrange--it's fairly transparent and "quick." They seem a little rolled-off on the top and bottom end, but still seem natural. The pair I bought are in pretty good shape, but you can tell that they've been in storage (the seller told me he bought them at an "estate sale").

So far, so good. Not too bad for $75 bucks.


Sounds a LOT like how I would describe my 340's...I'd be interested in how they sound side by side. Oh well...looks like I've added another item to my wish list!!

 
     Share This Post       
post-207242
Post #8 of 9

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Posts
1,669
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
Sounds a LOT like how I would describe my 340's...I'd be interested in how they sound side by side. Oh well...looks like I've added another item to my wish list!!



One downside is they're not very comfortable. They rest on your ears and become bothersome after a short while. I am waiting until I get the replacement pads before I use them again.

I, too, would like to compare them side-by-side. I guess I'll have to get a pair of 340s. . . .
 
     Share This Post       
post-207244
Post #9 of 9

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
48
Location
I live in the midrange!
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Location
I live in the midrange!
Posts
10,523
Likes
48
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
One downside is they're not very comfortable. They rest on your ears and become bothersome after a short while. I am waiting until I get the replacement pads before I use them again.

I, too, would like to compare them side-by-side. I guess I'll have to get a pair of 340s. . . .


Good luck...based on all this chatter, I'm thinking that the price just went way up.

 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top