What is the AKG-K145?
Oct 25, 2002 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
OK, I've never seen these before, and can't find any info anywhere.

They are being described as "electrostatic". Anybody know anything about them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1391503826

confused.gif

Oct 27, 2002 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 9
Curiosity got the better of me. . . .I was the high bidder. These looked too interesting to pass up. As soon as I get them and give them a listen I'll let everyone know how they sound.

Oct 28, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Curiosity got the better of me. . . .I was the high bidder. These looked too interesting to pass up. As soon as I get them and give them a listen I'll let everyone know how they sound.

I'm anxiously awaiting your response...in case you can't tell by my postings, I'm a bit of an AKG nut.

biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I'm anxiously awaiting your response...in case you can't tell by my postings, I'm a bit of an AKG nut.

biggrin.gif

Well, since this will be my third AKG phone, I guess I'm there with you. . . .

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I got them in the mail today and have given them a quick listen. The first thing that jumped out at me was their midrange--it's fairly transparent and "quick." They seem a little rolled-off on the top and bottom end, but still seem natural. The pair I bought are in pretty good shape, but you can tell that they've been in storage (the seller told me he bought them at an "estate sale").

So far, so good. Not too bad for $75 bucks.

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
I got them in the mail today and have given them a quick listen. The first thing that jumped out at me was their midrange--it's fairly transparent and "quick." They seem a little rolled-off on the top and bottom end, but still seem natural. The pair I bought are in pretty good shape, but you can tell that they've been in storage (the seller told me he bought them at an "estate sale").

So far, so good. Not too bad for $75 bucks.

Sounds a LOT like how I would describe my 340's...I'd be interested in how they sound side by side. Oh well...looks like I've added another item to my wish list!!

biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Sounds a LOT like how I would describe my 340's...I'd be interested in how they sound side by side. Oh well...looks like I've added another item to my wish list!!

biggrin.gif

One downside is they're not very comfortable. They rest on your ears and become bothersome after a short while. I am waiting until I get the replacement pads before I use them again.

I, too, would like to compare them side-by-side. I guess I'll have to get a pair of 340s. . . .

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
One downside is they're not very comfortable. They rest on your ears and become bothersome after a short while. I am waiting until I get the replacement pads before I use them again.

I, too, would like to compare them side-by-side. I guess I'll have to get a pair of 340s. . . .

Good luck...based on all this chatter, I'm thinking that the price just went way up.

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back