what is the 5th digital output on this machine ?
Sep 19, 2016 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
Getting ready to purchase an R2R DAC and I am just learning DSD can only be done via a USB output

Is the digital 5th output on the back (you can blow up the picture in the first post to see) a usb digital output ? What else could it be?
Balanced , coax , BNC optical & ?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/745520/pcm-dsd-digital-transport-system-with-proprietary-fpga-architecture-d100-pro#

seems like the machine is limited to 192kz based on the summary 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 9
Any guess how this machine plays DSD

It seem a user in the thread is asking for PCM conversion which implies its not already converting to PCM

Originally buying the new DAC because of DSD but now I am sold on the R2R  engine 
confused.gif
  and still wont be able to play DSD

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 9
It seems USB is used to connect a HD to the device, like on the original Squeezebox Touch. Eventually there was a workaround on the latter so that the USB port could be used to connect a DAC to it. I wonder if this can be done to your device with a firmware upgrade of some sort.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 9
Got this from the vendor

no idea what she means

Hi John,
Yes, D100Pro support DSD, as long as the input interface of DAC supports DSD (DOP)

Anyone know what this means

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 9
It means the streamer will output DSD but in the DoP format (DSD over PCM). We need to double check if Lampizator DACs accept DoP or native DSD input.
The manufacturer of your D100Pro also needs to clarify if the supplied USB port can be used to connect a DAC to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back