What is past the Jh13?
Aug 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
I'm running Jh13's out of an RSA Predator.

What is there to do past this?

Honestly, don't tell the full-size headphone guys, they sound better than my LCD-2 rig and I don't have to be all that picky about what dac/amp I choose. The Predator is just overkill and it has a nice case thats about it. The Jh16 comes to mind but from what I can hear from my friends' sets is that it's just louder and has even more bass than the JH13.

Is there anything else that isn't just a sidegrade? How do you folks feel about the Heir 8a? I'm considering doing it myself.

The nuts thing is that I never reshelled these 13's either. They fit just fine LOL.

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 14
HE90. That should be an upgrade 
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
HE90. That should be an upgrade 
tongue.gif

Thx. I'll go buy some at the store tomorrow :D

Nah I don't want to come off as a spoiled brat, I work hard for what I have, and save well. I'm just wondering if there is some latest and greatest IEM that people are jumping ship for, or is this it?

What it is, is that I'm addicted to the VAST VAST improvement going to JH13 or something similar yields. All the people who say it isn't possible should really try them. Especially with a decent cable they're just awe-inspiring heh heh. But no seriously I haven't heard this sort of improvement ever since I went from Sennheiser CX300 to Super Fi 5 Pro (remember those?).

Seriously they give the LCD-2 a very hard time and I'm pondering if I've just gone insane and deaf. It's really amazing for what it is!

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 14
The JH13 is incredible and I'd be very surprised indeed if you hear the kind of improvement in resolution, speed, and smoothness that you get upgrading to the JH13 with any other IEM.  I feel like at that level its about tuning and different FR for different tastes. 

And you're not crazy, The JH13 beats out both Audeze in more ways than one.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
The JH13 is incredible and I'd be very surprised indeed if you hear the kind of improvement in resolution, speed, and smoothness that you get upgrading to the JH13 with any other IEM.  I feel like at that level its about tuning and different FR for different tastes. 

And you're not crazy, The JH13 beats out both Audeze in more ways than one.

People with their multi-thousand dollar rigs should give this a try. Honestly I should just change this thread to "JH13 are better than everything".

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #7 of 14
The problems with cans is that their sound signature tends to be more of analytical than musical.

They might give more resolution and details than IEM, but they fall short when it becomes boring.
I would think that headphones are catered for studio use than casual listening. 

IMO headphones aren't built for musicality in mind.

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 14
So I guess it's just shopping for sound signature at this point. If the quality is the same, I can't really afford to play musical chairs with 600-1200 dollar IEM's until I am happy. I have Heir, UM, and UE on my short list, but realistically it's just not feasible plus the 1 month wait time for reshells.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Thx. I'll go buy some at the store tomorrow :D

Nah I don't want to come off as a spoiled brat, I work hard for what I have, and save well. I'm just wondering if there is some latest and greatest IEM that people are jumping ship for, or is this it?

What it is, is that I'm addicted to the VAST VAST improvement going to JH13 or something similar yields. All the people who say it isn't possible should really try them. Especially with a decent cable they're just awe-inspiring heh heh. But no seriously I haven't heard this sort of improvement ever since I went from Sennheiser CX300 to Super Fi 5 Pro (remember those?).

Seriously they give the LCD-2 a very hard time and I'm pondering if I've just gone insane and deaf. It's really amazing for what it is!

Well Chris what sound signature do you want? Do you want a more fun sound that still gives you great detail and full size headphone type bass? If so then keep your eyes open. You'll be pleasantly surprised by a new Custom Hyrbid IEM that will be hitting the market very shortly.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Well Chris what sound signature do you want? Do you want a more fun sound that still gives you great detail and full size headphone type bass? If so then keep your eyes open. You'll be pleasantly surprised by a new Custom Hyrbid IEM that will be hitting the market very shortly.

Theres literally nothing I would change.. I'm just wondering if someone found something they like more in a CIEM. I'm absolutely over the moon with these and I waited about a month to say so to make sure I wasn't going insane.

The LCD-2's stay on the head long-term though after a couple hours just because mah ears gotta breathe yo.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #11 of 14
Would you consider the JH13s to be a "fun" sounding IEM? I'm a big fan of TF10s but mine broke recently and I'm undecided whether to pull the gun on customs or to get another triple driver IEM, which I haven't decided on either.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
So I guess it's just shopping for sound signature at this point. If the quality is the same, I can't really afford to play musical chairs with 600-1200 dollar IEM's until I am happy. I have Heir, UM, and UE on my short list, but realistically it's just not feasible plus the 1 month wait time for reshells.

Absolutely.

There won't be a clear winner like the case for universals.

When you enter customs, you're at the top of the game and basically choosing the CIEM that sounds best to you.
There might be other customs that might sound better in terms of clarity or details but u lose some as well.

I've seen much ppl moving from different CIEM, but they've never really settled down, because they're finding something that doesn't yet exists.

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #13 of 14
Well shiet. I guess that's that then. The RSA Predator is probably the best portable I've heard among the Arrow 4G, ALO Continental, Corda Move, and Pico. It manages to sound analog in a digital world which is always very nice.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #14 of 14
I would get them reshell for even better sound.  You probably are missing out in bass notes due to improper fits.  I find the JH13pro to sound markly fine from my portable rig to a home amp.  Of course, they sound nicer when you properly amped them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back