What is on your "TO BUY" List?
Jul 4, 2009 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

filipelli

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wanted to see if a thread like this would give us as much entertainment as the "What came in the mail today" and "Post the last thing you bought"...could be redundant who knows. Anyways I always make lists of what I need to buy, or what I want to buy eventually when I save enough money. Post your to buy list! (We will see how this one goes!)

For youtube unboxings haha
Picture2-1.png

To get rid of my twin size bed in the Grad housing
Picture1-2.png

For my sister's bday
Picture4-1.png

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 93
I already got my Audio-gd Compass, so I'm set for a while =)

I have been thinking of getting a decent speaker setup, but that's way out of a University student's budget.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 93
Oh I like the look of this thread.

I'm planning on getting some G1As for school in august, and then after that I'm thinking about getting some custom IEMs. Then I gotta go out to canjam and find something nice and expensive to save up for.
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 93
I've been thinking about buying another DAC. Or possibly building one. I'd also like to pick up a used dual G5 PowerMac, drop in a few big drives, then use it as a music server.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking about buying another DAC. Or possibly building one. I'd also like to pick up a used dual G5 PowerMac, drop in a few big drives, then use it as a music server.

That is a really good idea. The g5s are handsome! I was thinking about picking up a case to just build a hackintosh or a pc.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #11 of 93
Wayyyy too much.
  1. AKG K701s
  2. A digital camera that lasts longer than 15 minutes on Energizer ultimate lithium batteries and isn't shaped like a brick
  3. A 2TB+ internal storage and external backup solution of some sort
  4. A CPU cooler that can actually handle my overclocked Q6600 under load
  5. A decent SSC P7 based LED flashlight

I don't even bother to use rechargeables in my digicam anymore. I just plug it straight into the wall so I don't have to swap them out every 20 pictures.
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 93
Probably going to get a real source first, a DAC1 or a Lavry DA10/11. Dunno which yet. Then I'll probably look at getting 650s followed by the parts for a balanced b22.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #13 of 93
A long list of bluray titles
HF-2
Squeezebox
Sig 556 and Eotech 552
ammo

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #14 of 93
I'm planning on building a pair of speakers so I'll need to buy those supplies. The only headphone related thing that has really found its way onto my list is that some time in the (distant) future I'll be buying an electrostatic amp/earspeaker combo, but that will be a long way away!

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #15 of 93
A wa5
a high end can or two
and whatever else I find along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back