What is monstercables most popular interconnect?
Oct 8, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #121 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
Most people???? How do you know the opinion of most people???? Do you know most people?

It is "Currently Fashionable" in "some" circles to knock Monster. That in no way actually means that the Monster cables are actually inferior. What Monster cables have you tried in your system? Isn't that the real question.

I will wait for you to post links to the reviews that you mention. I already posted links to reviewers that liked Monster cable.

I agree budgie. Tomorrow people will hate something else simply because it carries a certain name. I will be the first one to tell you that some monster stuff is horrible but some of their cables are very nice. The z100i and the M950i are said to be very good. I might be going for the m550i which I've been told are not too bad. Latter I might try the previous two I've mentioned. I will have to wait till I have enough cash for that.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #124 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Magic77
Tom,

Get those Monster Cables that you want
wink.gif

Don't get yourself too confused and crazy about cables
smily_headphones1.gif

Magic: What was the difference you heard between the 400mkii and the z100i you now have? You also said that you heard no difference between audioquest, cardas and the 400mkii. Which audioquest and cardas did you try? Last, what gear are you using? What amp,cdplayer etc? I'm trying to get a feel for what's going on with the experiance you had with monster. I believe you may be right about the monsters being good cables. I don't believe they are the bose of cables. I believe there is a big difference between various speakers very little in the sound of cables. Build quality is another story.

Oct 8, 2003 at 4:57 PM Post #126 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
Magic: What was the difference you heard between the 400mkii and the z100i you now have? You also said that you heard no difference between audioquest, cardas and the 400mkii. Which audioquest and cardas did you try? Last, what gear are you using? What amp,cdplayer etc? I'm trying to get a feel for what's going on with the experiance you had with monster. I believe you may be right about the monsters being good cables. I don't believe they are the bose of cables. I believe there is a big difference between various speakers very little in the sound of cables. Build quality is another story.

Tom,

You are now creating a new "Monster"
biggrin.gif
This is what I meant back in an earlier post, that you can drive yourself absolutely nuts over this stuff; and what ends up happening is that you end up never satisfied or wasting lots of money. I got "confused" and started asking a million questions just like you; and it's perfectly OK to ask questions and do research. But you have to decide on your own instincts.

What I have learned from these Forums is that; NO ONE is right or wrong. How can anyone say this is the Best or this Sucks; It's only their own personal opinion or perception.

Just because "I" like Monster Cable dosen't mean that other brands may not be just as good or even better or worse.

To tell you the truth; I'm not sure what it is that actually makes the "Difference" in an Audio system or Headphone set-up. Most peole will say it's a combination of everything. I'm sure Monster Cables would be suitable with hundreds of different brands and models of Audio Gear. Even if you had the same exact components and gear that I had, I guarantee you would not hear the same things; or perceive it in different ways.

Oct 8, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #127 of 153
Quote:

Tom,

Get those Monster Cables that you want
wink.gif

Don't get yourself too confused and crazy about cables
smily_headphones1.gif

That pretty well sums it up!
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #128 of 153
Did you get them yet Tom M?
biggrin.gif
We'd like to hear your opinions of what you got.

Oct 12, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #129 of 153
You willingly picked monster M550i over outlaw?

(Tim is choking back on the caustic twinges to spew forth sarcasm)

Oct 12, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #130 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer

1: Don't start a flame war 2: I've haven't made my final choice yet. 3: Why not monster? I might even get some Bose speakers
evil_smiley.gif
just kidding
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #131 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer

I took a look at the outlawcables on their website. They seem rather nice and they are a lower price than the monsters. So hold back your choking because the outlaws just might be another possible cable for my system.

Oct 16, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #133 of 153
Quote:

I actually meant; the AudioQuest and Cardas were not any better than the 400MkII's. But; I do feel that the Z100i's are better overall than any of them as far as build quality; and probably Sound, but it's hard to distinguish most of the time.

I don't think you can go wrong with the M550i's.

which audioquest and Cardas cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back