What is likable about the W5000?
Aug 3, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #31 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair and have not a clue why these are considered decent headphones........the bass is almost non existant, the high mids are deafening and the soundstage seems wide but almost unrealistic........I've used 10 dollar headphones that were more satisfying........is it possible that I'm wearing them incorrectly, I'm not stupid, but I just can't imagine that people can like this sound. It wasn't pleasant in any way. I love the HD650s, the D5000s, the K701s....I even heard these were the closed sister of the K701.........not at all.......they sound like the K701 with hyped upper mids and a bass driver blown.

They also were incredibly uncomfortable and odd looking on the head......I would not wear these in public. Heck if anyone wants to buy my pair, they've only been worn for 10 minutes and I'll take 50 bucks off what I paid for it.....but I highly suggest you don't buy them.

Dave

The question of source and amp have not yet been answered...though asked in the second post.

It's all about setup with the W5000's. They do have a sound some people do not enjoy...but again, mostly setup in my opinion.

What did you pay for them? I may want them in a month or so when I have funds available.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back