What is IT?
Dec 3, 2001 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 24
21.gif

Dec 3, 2001 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 24
from the yahoo article:

Quote:

Each year, FIRST sponsors a nationwide robotics-building competition to encourage teenagers to become scientists and engineers.

yea! we were second in canada, gonna compete in the american competition this year...any other headfiers participate in it?

from the ABC article:

Quote:

"I'm hoping it's some kind of jetpack... that would be fun," said one woman

lol!

Dec 3, 2001 at 3:31 AM Post #20 of 24
Hmmm, I thought they weren't supposed to officially announce this until tomorrow morning? Weren't they supposed to "reveal" it on Good Morning America? Oh well...

Dec 3, 2001 at 5:53 AM Post #24 of 24
I'm much more impressed w/ this device's potential after reading the Time article. If they ever manage to get the price to something reasonable, I can imagine a huge market in university students. I'd have bought one, just so I could get those few extra minutes of sleep in the morning and still be on-time for class (when I lived on campus, mind you). Another great market would be at places like Disney World, or a state fair, where you do a lot of walking in a day. And the safety demonstration where the guy was unexpectedly pushed certainly makes it seem safe.

What I'm not so sure about is the article claiming it gives the same riding experience over any surface, including ice! Just what kind of material are those wheels made out of, if they don't slip at all on ice?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back