What is big difference between HD 555 and HD 595 ?
Feb 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 13
HD595s are prettier.

:p

Comfort wise I guess they're more or less the same (they look the same at least). Sound wise, I remember I asked the same question, but didn't get much of an answer.

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 13
from what i heard from my own experiences... not much difference...

comfort on the 595 > 555 because of the pleather headband cushion compared to the foam(?) one on the 555

people say the 595 is better amped tho... i cant comment too much on that since i've never compared them with amps b4

but just for your information, i upgraded from 555 -> 595 because i was curious... so choose wisely =]

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 13
I've always heard that the Senn 555's were really comfy. This is all making me headphone happy, grrr. I need to save my "extra" money...oh well there it will go again...poor wallet.

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Thanks all .
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm not sure if the drivers are the same on any of those headphones, though I imagine not.

Sound quality is more than a driver though, you have to take into account the headphone's shape and dimensions amongst other things.

Feb 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 13
The sound of the HD 595s scale much better than that of the HD 555s. The overall resolution of the HD 595s is much better than that of the HD 555s, with both greater treble and bass extensions. The HD 555s does not use the same drivers as the HD 595 at least not from what I have seen on the web.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 13
This same question came up not very long ago, and then too nobody seemed to know that these headphones use different drivers of completely different size. The difference in quality and performance is very easy to hear if you A/B test them against one another on even a mediocre source, and I've always been mystified by people who think they sound the same. They are no closer to each other than an SR-60 is to an SR-225. Further apart, technically, as the differences between their drivers is greater.

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This same question came up not very long ago, and then too nobody seemed to know that these headphones use different drivers of completely different size. The difference in quality and performance is very easy to hear if you A/B test them against one another on even a mediocre source, and I've always been mystified by people who think they sound the same. They are no closer to each other than an SR-60 is to an SR-225. Further apart, technically, as the differences between their drivers is greater.

Exactly. Actually this question appears each several months, or maybe weeks, and I discontinued to answer it. Search function does wonders.
wink.gif
The description below is roughly what I'd write, if I didn't finally become lazy about that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound of the HD 595s scale much better than that of the HD 555s. The overall resolution of the HD 595s is much better than that of the HD 555s, with both greater treble and bass extensions. The HD 555s does not use the same drivers as the HD 595 at least not from what I have seen on the web.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its definitely less of a difference than 595 to 580 though

I'm not sure of it and would say it's the opposite, especially that some people prefer HD595's kind of presentation to the HD580's, including me not so long ago. BTW, you have to pay as much $$ for a used pair of the HD580's as for brand new HD595's and then invest more money to the rest of the headphone rig to clearly hear the superiority of the HD580's or HD600's.

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always heard that the Senn 555's were really comfy. This is all making me headphone happy, grrr. I need to save my "extra" money...oh well there it will go again...poor wallet.

Yeah, it seems that my money just barely touch my wallet before it vanish...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back