What Internet browsers are you using?
Jun 25, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #33 of 55
Firefox for me, but it is a resource pig! As a programmer analyst, I can't help but think what could you possibly need over 100mb of ram for in a browser? I build a couple of browsers in .NET and in Java Swing UI and even the Java VM versions didn't take anywhere near that much. The .NET one was barely 30mb of ram on 10+ simultaneous tabbed pages.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #35 of 55
funny how here everyone uses firefox but on all the google analytics I have run for websites it's usually around 90% internet explorer.

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Safari here.

...for OS X. When on Windows I tend to use Opera or Firefox. Safari for Windows kinda sucks, at least last time I tried it.

Yes it does "kinda suck". Too low on features, but very quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funny how here everyone uses firefox but on all the google analytics I have run for websites it's usually around 90% internet explorer.

Jude did mention in his short "speech" at the HeadFest amp manufacturer's Q&A that the majority of Head-Fiers use Firefox.

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #38 of 55
Firefox, its barebones, easy to use and the tabs are amazing.

haha it cuts my time spent on head-fi WAY down, because i click new posts, and everything i see that i want to read i just middle click and BAM, theres a new tab with it in it

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2.... but a little kicker to beware of. Many "standalone" browsers are actually using the IE core and engine and are open to the same threats and problems as IE. Safari, Opera and Firefox are all totally standalone and not related to IE at all.

True, but then you ARE using IE.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #40 of 55
I have always been a Firefox fan, but I tried Opera after reading this thread and it's great! I believe it's faster, it looks nice and clean, and the interface is awesome. I now love Opera. I will still use Firefox for the add-ons though...StumbleUpon Toolbar is the greatest!
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #41 of 55
This thread is interesting.
More than 70% of people in this site use firefox, and less than 10% use IE... that just is amazing. I thought the opposite would happen. I guess you guys are bit more tech savvy than others.

Another IE user here. IE 6.0.
The only reason I stick with IE is .... that stupid active-X stuffs.
I regulary visit some foreign sites with heavy use of IE specific codes and active-X. Only IE can show them correctly.

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #42 of 55
Oh -- I know Opera uses less memory but quite frankly I don't care, I've got 2gb of RAM.

I tried opera 9.2 for a while and I had read lots of good things about it. But I didn't like it. I PRETENDED to like it and forced myself to use it, but it's just ... not firefox... i don't know what it is exactly about firefox but I love it. No it's not a bias for it. I just know it a lot better and opera lacked features in the bookmarks department and other small annoying things and such.

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #43 of 55
I use Opera, and I absolutely love it. Uses the least amount of memory in comparison to Firefox, IE, and Safari. It's quick, and it's ad-blocking system is pretty good. The default interface is clean, streamlined, and it doesn't stand out or distract you.

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #44 of 55
Firefox.

I used Opera for a good while until I had a problem importing my bookmarks to my new system. With firefox it was so easy as the bookmarks are saved into one single html file. I've had issues in the past though about Firefox being a huge memory but with my current setups it's not an issue since memory is so cheap and the standard is around 2GB now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back