What input method should I choose between laptop and DAC?
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 18
I should mention that I love the sound I get out of my m903 fed via USB.  I have heard no flaws thus far and find the myriad headphones I use immersive with the setup.  I would not be afraid of using USB, but I have been unable to test other methods of data transport.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Thank you guys for the responding. Some of it I can't understand, but from what I sum up, use USB dac isn't that bad. So as a noob I think I'll be happy with nfb 10se using the usb input.

If you were spending many thousands of dollars on a hi-fi rig, maybe it'd be worth pondering in more detail. The problem is that every DAC is different in design, so what works well with one may not work so well with another.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
If you were spending many thousands of dollars on a hi-fi rig, maybe it'd be worth pondering in more detail. The problem is that every DAC is different in design, so what works well with one may not work so well with another.

Thank you very much. You said it right, every time when someone tells me it really makes a big difference if I do this or that tweak, I'm always wondering if it's really that big different for general people, or noticeable for serious audiphiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back