What inexpensive DAC can I connect to my current set up for desktop use?
Aug 11, 2020 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SchizoVox

New Head-Fier
Hello good people,

I am looking for help choosing a DAC to connect to my Monolith Liquid Spark Amp. The headphones that I currently have are the HD6XX, DT880 Premium 250 Ohms and Fidelio X2HR but the Fidelio don't get plugged into the amp at all. I'm still new to everything so I would like to hear some suggestions of inexpensive DACs ($100-$180). I gotta admit I have been eyeing the Topping E30 but would like to know if there's any other alternatives.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

-SchizoVox

Aug 12, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 11
Hello good people,
I am looking for help choosing a DAC to connect to my Monolith Liquid Spark Amp. The headphones that I currently have are the HD6XX, DT880 Premium 250 Ohms and Fidelio X2HR but the Fidelio don't get plugged into the amp at all. I'm still new to everything so I would like to hear some suggestions of inexpensive DACs ($100-$180). I gotta admit I have been eyeing the Topping E30 but would like to know if there's any other alternatives.
Thank you for taking the time to read. -SchizoVox
https://drop.com/buy/topping-e30-dac

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #11 of 11
Topping D50 / D50S is nice if you can find it in budget (likely used).

If you can stretch budget a bit the Schiit Modius for $200 is a good option if you think you may go balanced in the future. If not, stick with the Modi 3 for $100 if going with Schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back