What in your opinion would be the perfect Touchscreen PMP?
Sep 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 26
Ipod Touch w/ Sony X series sound quality and OLED screen. That would be heaven for me.
atsmile.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod Touch w/ Sony X series sound quality and OLED screen. That would be heaven for me.
atsmile.gif

Give it better battery life as well and you'd have a winner.

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 26
iPhone/iPod Touch form factor and overall build quality, full size flush mount touchscreen OLED, BBE+ enhancements and sound quality, physical buttons, 24 hours battery life, ~2-3 hour ac power recharge time, 64/128 flash, sdhc flash expansion slot, cowon-esque codec support, decent external speaker, decent microphone, digital out (toslink) built into headphone port, usb 2.0 and bluetooth

oh.. and MTP support so nobody is locked into anyone's proprietary software.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if you've heard about the RAmos PMP: Rockchip concept comes to life as RAmos W7 Android MID

I've seen so many mentions on Chinese forums that the SmartQ 5 in fact has surprisingly poor video playback capabilities, so as agitated as I may be about the Ramos device, I'd want to reserve judgment until I can see it perform in person or on many many many review videos :p

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #22 of 26
My point exactly... what if it's terrible? :p

Buying the Chinese devices right now can be a little like buying an Italian/French car in the 70s and 80s - don't go there if you expect things to just work. On the other hand, if you're not too easily scared, and don't need space-grade reliability, it could be a lot of fun.

I'm positive about them because they can be an escape route from the expensive, restrictive, fancy but not always fulfilled stranglehold formed by Apple and Sony. In less flowery language... I want more bang for the buck and less limits on what I can/cannot do with the thing.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A chip implanted in my brain that stored high quality music, and streamed the music directly into my synapses, then I could go def and still hear the music.

A chip with Internet access gps and built in Spotify!
wink_face.gif

Or failing that a 1TB ipod touch like device with OLED screen and user EQ. Maybe a chip that would allow one to control an ipod touch by thought!

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently either confirmed or rumored: Creative, Sony, iriver. That's three.

There's a rumor of Cowon doing Android as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back