What in your opinion would be the perfect Touchscreen PMP?
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

neoufo51

500+ Head-Fier
If Cowon could somehow port the Android platform to their next device along with a capable Wifi and Bluetooth chip, making a "Cowon S10 with Android" of sorts with all the strengths of the Cowon S9 but with updated hardware and an Android OS, I would buy it in an instant.

Now that would be the perfect PMP for me.

How about you?

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 26
Cowon + Tegra + Android = PERFECTION (IMO, YMMV).

PS: You can quote me on this!!!!

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon + Tegra + Android = PERFECTION (IMO, YMMV).

PS: You can quote me on this!!!!

Exactly. Just imagine if Cowon hopped on this platform, added its own codec support, added some interface tweaks to make it a better media player and started rolling out some great Wifi-enabled devices with all the benefits of a Webkit browser, email, etc.

People would simply flock to this kind of device, and Cowon wouldnt even have to waste time coding that much new firmware because the Android platform is already so strong in terms of Web access.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 26
My perfect PMP wouldn't even be just a PMP anymore. It'll be a touchscreen MID similar to the SmartQ 5.

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #7 of 26
Not in the sense that you define it, obviously. But if it's Portable, and it Plays Media, that makes it a PMP.

For me, it'd be a 128gb Ipod Touch with no Itunes (drag and drop), an OLED screen, customisable EQ, and whatever sound FX it is that people love the Cowons and Sonys so much for. I'm not sure if I'd use them, but I'd like the option.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 26
Android is hot, but what benefit does it afford us right now? The apps will take time to accumulate, and the open source/free of charge nature is NOT being reflected on the devices' prices. So my choice right now would be an ipod touch, with a better screen (better LCD or AMOLED), much longer battery life, more video format support, and a non-shiny back.

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #9 of 26
AMOLED display, capacitive touch screen, dedicated tactile buttons, and SPDIF out. But the most imporant is the SQ.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #12 of 26
iPod touch + larger storage space + high quality built in amplifier...

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 26
A chip implanted in my brain that stored high quality music, and streamed the music directly into my synapses, then I could go def and still hear the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back