What If The Telephone Rings
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever happened to private time?

What is that ?
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #33 of 34
Of course, it's best to find time in which you won't be disturbed to listen to cans.
For all other moments, it's probably best to use open cans.
But I don't have very decent open cans (except PX100's).
My solution:
I use the mixing console of a multitrack recorder as a headphones amp. I have a mike connected to an extra channel, mixed in at an appropriate level and panned to the middle.
This way, I can listen to my W1000's on the volume settings I desire, but still be able to hear the $#%#@ phone and the *(&%$)$#doorbell.
The mike and the multitrack are things I have in my posession for several years, but if you need to buy stuff, it won't have to be too suffisticated. A decent mixing console and a cheap mike won't set you back too much.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 34
Just ignore the wife and the phone, be sure to turn the ringer down all the way too.
wink.gif

Then there is no interuption, keep your cell handy and on vibrate so you may screen calls. Listening to your headphones should be considered the same as any other dedicated activity, running/exercising, doing errands, etc. Where, one cannot be expected to answer every single communication.

Work it out with the Mrs, you want her happy for you to remain happy with headphones. Otherwise you will both be making this face
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back