What If The Telephone Rings
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 34
Yeah, I would suggest using open phones, which is what I usually do at home, and then if you're going out then use something closed, or if you are going to use them at home, let people in your house know what you're doing, and as far as phone calls, if it's that important, they'll leave you a message.

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #17 of 34
Thanks all for the great responses. I had anticipated technological solutions to my question, but, instead, received a myriad of philosophical fodder in which to revel. Seems I have two choices: Divorce the wife and say "f*&K the world", or put away special time for me and the headphones. I elect for option two (thanks, espire) as the better approach as life is to damn complex.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all for the great responses. I had anticipated technological solutions to my question, but, instead, received a myriad of philosophical fodder in which to revel. Seems I have two choices: Divorce the wife and say "f*&K the world", or put away special time for me and the headphones. I elect for option two (thanks, espire) as the better approach as life is to damn complex.

X2

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #19 of 34
I put on my headphones to get away from my crazy @$$ pregnant wife right now. LOL just kidding. I hope she doesnt read this, are you there honey?? UMMMM bye
frown.gif
frown.gif
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as far as I know, an "angry spouse detector" has yet to be invented.

That's actually something I'm working on right now. I've got a front-door based system working so you know when it's safe to go home. Right now I'm just finishing up the coding so you can get text messages on your cell. Imagine, you want another pint and you're not sure if you should go home. Check your messages, and it says she's ticked! So what do you do? Stay until it tells you shes asleep, problem solved!

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #23 of 34
One of the best threads I've read so far!

An angry spouse detector could take multiple variables into consideration, and run the entries through a simple algorithm.

Such variables could be vehicle speed when entering the driveway, pressure level in the house after the door slams, steps per second as he/she walks up the stairs (may also include decibel level for a more accurate measurement), and possibly ambient air temperature increases over a short amount of time. Unfortunately such a device would be incredibly expensive, and would be cheaper to just wear open cans.
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the best threads I've read so far!

Yeah I laughed a few times.

I dont answer our phone as it is always my wife's annoying friends or people in general whom i don't want to talk to. If someone has to get ahold of me they call my cell, it vibrates. The wife doesn't bother me when I have my headphones on, i think she might actually prefer it. she's a keeper
wink.gif

so basically get a cell and train your wife.

Jan 23, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanalei mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so basically get a cell and train your wife.

LVAL: Laughed a very apprehensive laugh.

Tread lightly, they know when we're enjoying ourselves, and that pisses them the #### off!!!

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get a stax or grado, and you'll be able to still hear outside noise, unless you max out the volume..

Depends which Stax he get!
Cause with the 4070 he probably wont hear the telephone ring (at least I don't). With an open-back Stax' he will hear it ring though...

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #27 of 34
I avoid wearing headphones if i'm home alone. Missed phone calls, postman delivering a parcel (i get lot of those).

When family is in i usually announce that i "go under" and thats pretty much it. My missus occasionally throws something soft from across the room at me while "i'm under" and needs my att.
biggrin.gif
Hilarity and screaming ensues when i get hit with squeezable hippo pillow...
biggrin.gif

In case of phone (we dont have any used landlines, cept b-band) i just put it in vibro mode and in front of me, when it rings it lights up. As simple as that...

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #29 of 34
Personally, when I listen to my headphone rig, it’s for serious listening, so I like to block everything out during the hour or so I’m involved. When my wife wants me, she just taps me on the shoulder, or I see her coming down the stairs. Getting the phone is another issue altogether—my cans are closed—but most times it can wait.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back