What IEM would you say has the least microphonics?
May 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 18
I havent heard many earphones but I would say the um1's (and um2's and 3's) are at or near the top because they have almost none

May 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 18
The Super-fi 5EB had NO MP at all. By design they have replaceable cords that are not directly connected to the driver so they did not have any MP. I prefer my Atrio M% over all but the EB's were better on MP.

May 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 18
The best I've was the Trippl.fi with the Westone ES replacement cable, an absolutely fantastic cable for ergonomics.

May 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 18
Westone 3. Sennheiser IE7 and IE8. I'm listening to these iem's more frequently and I barely notice any microphonics.

May 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Super-fi 5EB had NO MP at all. By design they have replaceable cords that are not directly connected to the driver so they did not have any MP. I prefer my Atrio M% over all but the EB's were better on MP.

We're not talking about microphonics in the usual sense. With headphones, microphonics is just sound being transmitted from the cable into the headphones into your ear. There's no current generated, so the drivers aren't involved.

Braided cables worn over-the-ear seem to be best at preventing microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back