What Headphones?
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pixelsphotopro

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm fairly new on the forums, did read a lot and wow so much info but I have a problem to solve, as i listen to all genres of music I would like to have you inputs as do I need different headphone for different genres of music or could I have 1-2 headphones to listen all my music? I listen to all genres from Classical to dubstep, only one I don't listen is country music. 

My budget is around $200.00 per pair if i need more than 1 pair or around $400-$500 if I can manage with 1 pair

Your help will be very appreciated

Thank you

Daniel

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 7
Ipad 1 and Galaxy S3, that's also another thnig I'm looking for.... a good portable source

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Galaxy S3 is considered a pretty good portable source for a phone (I have a Galaxy Note 2). Are you looking for something a lot better than that? Or just an alternative so you don't have to use up the battery on your phone?

Getting two headphones can be a good idea for a couple reasons:

1) Many people tend to like headphones with better bass response for EDM and dubstep. Yet other headphones might excel for rock or for vocals.
2) Open headphones have a bigger soundstage than closed headphones are often a great choice because of that. However, closed headphones tend to excel more on bass impact and bass extension, and open headphones are typically a horrible choice for portable use because you can hear your environment and your environment can hear what you are listening to.

So whether or not two good headphones are better than one higher grade headphone, really depends on you.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 7
My galaxy S3 is ok for now and you did confirm my dilemma , I would check for 2 pairs and I'll see from there, probably looking for a portable dac/amp

Thank you

Daniel

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 7
If you want an inexpensive music player, the Sansa Clip+ is very good with low impedance headphones such as most IEMs and then portable headphones. Most of us rockbox it. Typically, you can get it for around $30, and then put a 16gb or 32gb micro sd card in it for plenty of storage.

There is a lot of discussion here about how good it is in comparison to other players: http://www.head-fi.org/t/571987/is-sansa-clip-really-that-good

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
If you want an inexpensive music player, the Sansa Clip+ is very good with low impedance headphones such as most IEMs and then portable headphones. Most of us rockbox it. Typically, you can get it for around $30, and then put a 16gb or 32gb micro sd card in it for plenty of storage.

There is a lot of discussion here about how good it is in comparison to other players: http://www.head-fi.org/t/571987/is-sansa-clip-really-that-good

for sure I will look at this, thank you so much and really appreciate all the help I get in this forum
Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back