What headphones synergize with heed canamp?
Mar 30, 2008 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

XENOPHOS

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't visited this site for awhile after I was satisfied with my k701/heed combo, but now i'm wondering what headphones synergize well with the heed canamp. I am looking for a more fun can so I was thinking of either grados or the denons d2000. The grados i've heard work better with a tube amp though....so i'm kinda stuck.
I'm hoping that the cans will be in the $200-300 range. should I sell my amp to buy a better one? what reccomendations can you give me. thanks

-Matt

Mar 30, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't visited this site for awhile after I was satisfied with my k701/heed combo, but now i'm wondering what headphones synergize well with the heed canamp. I am looking for a more fun can so I was thinking of either grados or the denons d2000. The grados i've heard work better with a tube amp though....so i'm kinda stuck.
I'm hoping that the cans will be in the $200-300 range. should I sell my amp to buy a better one? what reccomendations can you give me. thanks

-Matt

I have no idea how they synergize with the Heed, but for a very immediate, front-row presence that still contains a lot of nuance, you might try Senn HD595s. Though I'm not sure they need the amp at all, they'd probably benefit from it. And they have enough inherent warmth to be a good match to SS. The 600s might be an even better alternative to 701s, but you said fun, and they're a bit more laid-back than the 595. I guess it depends on what you call fun.

Tim

Mar 30, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 8
From some reports there was a bit of hissing with Grados.

I used my HD580 with good results, the DT880 not so much.

The K240 Sextett loved them. The K340 were just power hungry and the canamp was the only amp I had at the time that could power them.

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 8
i actually really liked the dt880 with the heed - it added some weight to the bass and the speed which has always been a great asset to the 880 along with the bass smashed trance - i was obliterated.

great combo - but i do not know other musics than trance as that was all i listened to with them - great great though

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From some reports there was a bit of hissing with Grados.

I used my HD580 with good results, the DT880 not so much.

The K240 Sextett loved them. The K340 were just power hungry and the canamp was the only amp I had at the time that could power them.

So would you reccomend the 240's or the 340's? I've heard good things about the k340, is the 240 better?

Mar 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Heed won't do any justice to Grado's. Sound is just dull and there is some background hissing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back