What headphones do you most enjoy?
Jul 11, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #16 of 91
STAX SR-404, I sometimes think of leaving the hospital early to listen to them
lambda.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 91
Grado SR-225. I've had them for about 2 years and while I've been tempted to upgrade, every time I use them they still put a smile on my face.

They are also easily better than the other 'phones I own/owned.

Jul 11, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #18 of 91
KSC-35s. I've owned etys and have had ue-10s for two years, but if I had to have only one headphone, the KSC-35s are it.

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #19 of 91
HD-600s out of the GS-1. Very nice and most listened to in my stable.

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 91
The two I have in my sig. All others I have ditched
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug
Grado SR-225. I've had them for about 2 years and while I've been tempted to upgrade, every time I use them they still put a smile on my face.

They are also easily better than the other 'phones I own/owned.

These are my second favorite right now, only beaten by DT-880's because of technical ability and refinement, but not in terms of fun factor!! I actually have been using the Grado's more than any other headphone and I used to think they were terrible when I was firmly entrenched in the HD-650 camp. But with the right amp and source, they are incomparably warm and friendly sounding and not just good for rock but good for jazz and any acoustic music. They can be a tad fatigueing (enjoyably painful?) but I love 'em.

Jul 11, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #24 of 91
I am in the honeymoon phase with a recently aquired Omega 2 but up until delivery of the aforementioned my W5000's via an EAR HP4 got the most head time.

Jul 11, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #25 of 91
650's for me too. Great all rounder for my tastes, good for long listening sessions, less fatiguing than alot. I pick these up the most, nice to unwind and listen to an album and enjoy it from start to finish.

Jul 11, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #26 of 91
My HF-1 by a good margin. The just suit the music best, I listen to.

Jul 11, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #27 of 91
The fun factor award goes to UE 10-Pro because I can take them anywhere and I get a big kick out of watching people who look so miserable while waiting in the departure lounge at the airport, or in line at the bank, or pretty much anywhere.

For home use, the K1000's are lot of fun, mostly because they're so "different" and you can play around with the angle of the drivers. The PS-1's are fun for the bass response. The AD2000's are fun because their overall signature seems to be just perfect for my tastes, and the L3000 and W5000 get major points for PRaT.

Jul 11, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #28 of 91
Serious Listening at Home: Lambda Pros w/SRD-7 Pro - they have the most of everything (among my cans) - comfort, speed, detail, dynamics.

Casual listening at home: HD600/HD595 just fun on all material; perhaps soon to be ousted by K701 which arrived today and shows promise right out of the box.

On the go: E4c - and occasionally at home for a different and enjoyable presentation, with no intrusions.

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #30 of 91
I have a pair of Grado RS1 that are driven by a Maple Tree Audio tubed headphone amp. I am very pleased with the combination. My Dad has a pair of 225s and I think they sound great. The improvement you get with the RS1 is a more dimensional soundstage with more space around instruments, much improved fuller more exended bass, and a more rounded fuller sound. For example stringed instruments sound sweeter and have more body. All this with detail and/or transparancy that is as good or better. You said you want good rock music on headphones. I think the RS1s deliver bigtime. The sound is highly detailed and forward or close to the stage with punchy bass that is also full and warm.

Wish you the best on your choice.

Blake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back