What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #616 of 1,757
Brand new ath-m50's 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #621 of 1,757
ATH-M50's

This is my first post!  WOOT!!

I was on another forum (Clubsi.com) and the ballers were talking about headphones and such.  I've always been a huge music fan, and have meandered along with marginal at best headphones and IEM's.   That post pushed me to do a little research, and it happened to be the black friday sales.  I came across a local sale on the M50's and picked them up.   Playing straight out of my PC, or on the GS3.   I was impressed, and it started the downward spiral.   That was two weeks ago.   I picked up an E17 and E09K combo this week, and am decently satisfied with the improvement in SQ.   I've also picked through my rather vast and extremely varied music collection and find out what is a hit and what was a miss.   Over the years I collected upwards of 400 cd's, and I have some decent stuff in there.

Now the question in, what is next.   I have always had a lust for Tubes.   I know what they represent, and what they produce.   I also think they look epic with that warm glow.   I have told myself that come early spring or late winter, if I am still on this fairly recent music kick I'll pick myself up something on the lower price range of the Tube amps.

This is a slippery slope!

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #622 of 1,757
You haven't even started down the rabbit hole yet. 
beerchug.gif

To put the cherry on top of that last statement. I'm currently wearing my 009s and enjoying some Nightwish vinyl before bed.

Red pill all the way.

Quote:
ATH-M50's

This is my first post!  WOOT!!

I was on another forum (Clubsi.com) and the ballers were talking about headphones and such.  I've always been a huge music fan, and have meandered along with marginal at best headphones and IEM's.   That post pushed me to do a little research, and it happened to be the black friday sales.  I came across a local sale on the M50's and picked them up.   Playing straight out of my PC, or on the GS3.   I was impressed, and it started the downward spiral.   That was two weeks ago.   I picked up an E17 and E09K combo this week, and am decently satisfied with the improvement in SQ.   I've also picked through my rather vast and extremely varied music collection and find out what is a hit and what was a miss.   Over the years I collected upwards of 400 cd's, and I have some decent stuff in there.

Now the question in, what is next.   I have always had a lust for Tubes.   I know what they represent, and what they produce.   I also think they look epic with that warm glow.   I have told myself that come early spring or late winter, if I am still on this fairly recent music kick I'll pick myself up something on the lower price range of the Tube amps.

This is a slippery slope!

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #623 of 1,757
At work, so using my iphone5 to play music for my custom UE11.  At home, I have used only my W3000ANV's for everything, from music, to occassional gaming and movie watching on my computer.  Started boxing up some of my other headphones to place into storage as a result. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #625 of 1,757
HFI-780 with velour pads fed by E11 and rockboxed Clip Zip. 
L3000.gif

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #628 of 1,757
Grado sr-225i, nothing i own beats them for rock/metal :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #629 of 1,757
Beyer COP and ath-m50. Can't decide which I like more 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back