What headphone should I get?
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SomeRandomDude

New Head-Fier
Hello, I what to buy my first pair of over ear headphones. I decided to get over ear headphones because I kept on breaking in ear headphones. I went through 2 pairs of AKG K350 one pair of UE 600, one pair of Shure 215, and one pair of beats tours in a year. I have no idea what to buy. I want to be able to listen to music in a Starbucks or a library so no leakage. I usually listen to classic rock and some blues so I don't need too much bass but something acceptable. I don't really have a specific budget so all recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Note: I had posted this in the wrong part of this forum.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 12
Hello, I what to buy my first pair of over ear headphones. I decided to get over ear headphones because I kept on breaking in ear headphones. I went through 2 pairs of AKG K350 one pair of UE 600, one pair of Shure 215, and one pair of beats tours in a year. I have no idea what to buy. I want to be able to listen to music in a Starbucks or a library so no leakage. I usually listen to classic rock and some blues so I don't need too much bass but something acceptable. I don't really have a specific budget so all recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Note: I had posted this in the wrong part of this forum.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #10 of 12
I hardly listen to any bass heavy music. I definitely prefer clarity over warmth. 

Warmth and clarity are not opposites, though I know what you mean: cooler models tend to be clearer. So a warmer clearer model would be SRH840, which is a really good all rounder, and it's what I would recommend. It's also very durable, since you don't want that to be an issue.

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #12 of 12
The parrot mysik is a nice option, no amp 400$, it does not leak too much at high volume and have active noise reduction

Or I would get a fiio amp and some mad dogs 3.2 (I guess it will be fed by a phone or mp3)
No sound leakage, and a nice sound for 299 + 100 $$$

Audio technica ath a 900x is nice too 229 $

Users who are viewing this thread

Back