What headphone should I get?
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SomeRandomDude

New Head-Fier
Hello, I what to buy my first pair of over ear headphones. I decided to get over ear headphones because I kept on breaking in ear headphones. I went through 2 pairs of AKG K350 one pair of UE 600, one pair of Shure 215, and one pair of beats tours in a year. I have no idea what to buy. I want to be able to listen to music in a Starbucks or a library so no leakage. I usually listen to classic rock and some blues so I don't need too much bass but something acceptable. I don't really have a specific budget so all recommendations are welcome. Thanks

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Take a look at the momentum Sony MDR-1R and the AKG K545. Since budget isn't a problem, those should suit you nicely. Also, a bit of a bonus, but the momentum are chick magnets
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Martin Logan Mikros 90 are currently being discontinued and thus available for under 1/3 MSRP from many places. I haven't got mine yet (I ordered two pairs since it's just too good a deal), but everyone who does have them is hyped.

They're good looking cans that apparently sound brilliant and they can be had for a bargain. They are on-ear, though. If you want circum-aurals, go have a look in the full-sized sub-forum. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back