What have the best sound ? Silver dragon or Alo 18 AWG audio cable? for sennheiser HD 650
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Minitrox

New Head-Fier
Hi guys .
I have a question and one problem .
I'll change my sennheiser HD 650 stock cable, I have 2 options :
5 ft moon audio  silver dragon with furutech connector 
and 
6ft 18 awg Alo audio headphone cable 
Have the jenna ultra wire too ,is better than Alo?
Alo audio is too expensive , worth pay more $100 ? =/
I don't know what is the best for my HD 650 , have a difference in the sound wich Alo cooper and silver alo cable?

I like to listen acoustic ,classic ,instrumental ,old rock music.

thanks guys .

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 8
Personally with the HD650s (and LCD-2s for that matter), I'd go (and did with my LCD-2s) with the Silver Dragon V3 cable. A better match for them.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 8
I haven't heard the moon silver dragon but I have heard the ALO copper and copper/silver hybrid cables. I preferred the copper cable and I really thought I was going to like the hybrid cable to brighten up the HD650. I recommend listening to both and choosing the one that sounds best to you. If you are buying direct from Moon I'm sure you could try both the blue and silver dragon and return the cable you don't want. I ended up with the DHC Molecule because I bought my HD650 used and this cable came with the package. It is a copper cable and I hear no reason to change.

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for repply guys.
I discovered another cable stefan cable : this model http://www.stefanaudioart.com/headphone%20cable%20HD650%20Eseries%20classic%20se
I think too much to buy an expensive cable for Sennheiser HD 650 
If I bought one sennheiser HD 800 ok ,fine I'll will buy one cable approximately $600 like the Alo reference. But for senn HD 650 I think is very good choice and enough  take one  moon audio silver dragon v3 .

Anybody have more comments ok , show your opinion.
thanks for help

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 8
I had a Cardas and a Blue Dragon on my HD-650. Couldn't hear a difference with either.

I did find significant improvement in my HD-650 by upgrading my amp. Which amp are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back