What happens when. . .
Nov 18, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 15
Very nice.  
cool.gif

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 15
Thats... Not such a bad idea. The ornaments on top was a nice touch.
Grats on your upgrade 
k701smile.gif

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 15
That's genius and looks cool too

I like ... (I don't know what that thing's name, the one on top of headband), it's cool, really.

Perhaps your daughter can mod it more to have Christmas themes.

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 15
Thumbs up!

While I think the comfort mod could use some cleaning up, I am loving the "hair" mod and would be happy to wear my 701's if my kid put that on for me.

Currently considering whether I would execute such a mod on my own initiative.

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 15
After using this highly modified K701, I can report back that the sound improvements are out of this world.  The purple soft headband not only helps to improve overall comfort, but the the soft cushion helps the brain to retain those low-level audio signals, thus improving the overall depth and quality of the bass.  And this is just the start. . .

The "hair mod" serves to increase the overall soundstage, making them far superior to any $10,000+ speaker.  I can not highly recommend enough this mod, to the K701's.  It puts them in a league all to themselves.

I can not even imagine how good this would sound if I was bald, and didn't have the hair interfering with pure audio bliss.

And if you believe that, I will happily have my daughter mod your headphones for $100 each!  
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back