What happens if you wet your headphones?
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 21
If you wet your headphones, you need to flip them over and change the sheets. You should be all good after that except for the smell.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 21
dun plug them in to anything AT ALL. once fried its hopeless.

place them in front of a strong fan let the fan run for 2 days or so. Place them in a dehumidifying cupboard/or any other sealed case with dessicant/drying agents, until you're damn sure they're dry. and then plug in and pray for the best..

my 2 cents on saving equipment.

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 21
Just turn on the stereo (from another room) for listening in the shower or bath -- don't wear your phones or IEMs in the shower or tub.
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 21
I accidentally dunked one of my UE Triple Fi earpieces into a glass of water. No negative lingering effects. (Proof: I can't remember which one; I think that it was the left one.)

(Given my proclivities, it's a miracle that I didn't dunk it into coffee.)

Aug 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdoerr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bake, on low heat, for 30 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Add chili sauce and pepper to taste.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 21
I've heard that leaving water-damaged electronics in dry rice in sealed container for a day or two can draw the moisture out pretty well.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define wet, jump in a pool or walk in the rain?

Umm like 3 seconds in full water soaking down on it.

It was my re0, I let them try for an hour. Maybe that wasn't enough, as when I tried them the right ear was fine but the left ear seemed significantly quieter. Let it sit for another 4 hours and it seems fine now.

I'm just worried that perhaps I've damaged them somehow and the SQ is not as good now. Is this a possiblity?

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 21
Well they were off when they were in the water.

It seemed dry when I first tried them, but I'm pretty sure the inside most likely still had some moisture in it.

They sound the same now, doesn't seem to have any lasting effects...hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back