What happened to Xin?
Nov 13, 2008 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
The greatest advertisement ever (word of mouth) led me to believe Xin made the greatest amps in the world, and in searching for more information on him... I found Head-Fi.org ...

Anyway... Xin just emailed me asking for updated credit card information since the one I gave him quite a bit more than a year ago expired!! He says he'll gimme the AC adapter for the SuperMini for free... but my desire for his amp(s) has faded.

I came here to look at others' experiences in the "Xin waiting line" thread.... but the thread doesn't exist anymore. Prolly for good reason, but I'm wondering if anybody else has gotten an email from him recently. I got mine about two or three days ago..

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 7
He has started shipping and appears to be responding to emails on a fairly regular basis.

The thread is over on the portable amp section.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 7
He probably just needed a break...
tongue.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes, he started shipping at the rate of 5-10 amps a day. I am glad he is back since I really like the sound of his amps. Plus he allows op-amp rolling to taylor the sound to my taste.

There are other good options out there like Ray Samuel or iBasso to name two.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Unless he has done some more research/refinement during his absence I think a lot of his lead has been caught up by competitors so his offerings are not as unique as they were 1½ years ago but still very good amps (I have had most of his models/versions over the last 4 years) and if he has upgraded the SuperMini with all his findings that could be a gem, the SuperMini was always my favourite amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back