What happened to common courtesy???
Jul 21, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #31 of 34
i get a little irked when i don't receive feedback from other head-fi members, especially if they are not total noobs, as i consider this place to be a more close-knit community than ebay where getting feedback seems quite random now a days.

Jul 21, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #32 of 34
Once a transaction is over, I usually post feedback for the other party, and then send a PM saying something like: "Thanks for everything. I've left feedback for you and would appreciate if you would do the same for me." I'll include a link to my feedback thread. I can't think of any instances where I did a transaction here on Head-Fi and didn't both leave and receive feedback.

Jul 21, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #33 of 34
I leave feedback at the conclusion of every transaction. So far, they've all been textbook clean transactions, so feedback has been easy. If, say, a week after a textbook clean transacton has finished, I still have no feedback from it, I PM the other party and ask if they would leave me feedback, or if there was something about the transaction that was not apparent to me which causes them to not want to leave feedback. The response I get in such cases is, "I've been so busy it just slipped my mind." And then they leave me feedback. A friendly reminder that their feedback is valued by me and a little patience is, so far, all it has taken to get the feedback I seek.

FWIW, I think there's room on Head-Fi for two Ken's with a Gecko for an avatar.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #34 of 34
Feedback is one of the most basic courtesies anyone on this site can contribute. Sure, opinions are going to vary on this subject, but one thing should never change in our little society, and that is common courtesy. Also just because someone has mega posts doesn't say a thing about the member. It's the feedback posts that help you decide if someone was/is a reputable member.

I haven't been active on head-fi for several years but I can tell you this. Not too long ago feedback was every bit as important as any sales transaction. Anyone that did not leave a feedback was considered rude and questionable as to thier integrity, becaused the transaction was not truely complete until the proper feedback post was listed.
Courteous Feedback, cooporation, and communication really is our greatest assets and helps to distinguish us from Ebay.

Anyone not leaving a feedback (after asking them to) should not be tolerated and the failure to leave one should be posted in thier feedback. It is all part of good communication and it can always be edited if and when they do the right thing, PERIOD.
I think the proper word's for someone not leaving "well deserved" feedback is Lazy, self-centered, and immature to name just a few.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back