What happened to common courtesy???
Jul 21, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #16 of 34
I have not had a problem getting feedbacks from ANY transaction here. I usually leave a polite reminder for the other user to leave me a feedback. If i don't get it, i don't see any problems with that either. My objective is to sell and buy stuff. As long as i don't get a negative feedback, i don't see a problem.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #17 of 34
yep, I am missing about 10 or so feedbacks from other members that didn't bother leaving any, but when I ask for feedback they usually leave some. Also maybe some members don't know how, usually noobs.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 34
Regardless of feedback, at least a nice Thank You PM would be appropriate. Reading through this thread it seems I'm somewhat of the exception in that most of my transactions have provided feedback. But I hear you. I'm the same way in regards to keeping the buyer informed along the way and I take pride in my packaging. Some kind of response when all is said and done would be courteous.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 34
I feel the same way. I really go out of my way to make sure everything is packaged perfectly and that the buyer is kept updated every step of the way. I don't do this for feedback, I do it becasue I feel it is the right thing to do, and it is how I would want to be treated. When the buyer doesn't let me know that the item has been received/they are pleased with it, or if they don't leave feedback, I feel personally insulted. Not to a great degree, but still.

That being said, I don't leave feedback for buyers until the transaction is concluded, after they have received the shipment and are satisfied.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 34
Whenever I sell something here, I usually leave feedback for the buyer when I get the payment, as I believe the buyers part of the deal has been concluded, and most anything he does from that point on won't change that fact. I've only had one transaction where I've left feedback, but never received it in return. Never really bothered me though. I have noticed that when I first started buying on ebay, I would usually receive feedback not too long after I've send the payment out, but these days I have to give the seller feedback before I receive. The whole "if you give me negative feedback then I'll give you negative feedback" mentality is ruining the whole feedback system IMO, as some people are giving positive feedback just to avoid their perfect records being tarnished even if the transaction was a bit sour (referring to eBay). That has prevented me from posting negative feedback on eBay on several occasions, as I really don't want to go through the whole dispute system to have said feedback removed. Fortunately all the transactions I've had on head-fi have been nothing short of excellent, which is a testament to the quality of people that populate this little spot on the internet.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #21 of 34
Glad to know it's not just me being unreasonable with my expectations on this. Guess it comes down to a simple "thank you"....which seems to be something you hear less and less of as the years roll by.

As for that silly game of not leaving feedback unless the other does, I don't bother with that sort of thing. Someone buys from me and makes payment, I give feedback right then and there. Heck, I'm commenting on HIS part of the deal and that's paying for the goods he bought. To tie my giving feedback to his leaving feedback for me is simply silly IMO.

Hey, glad to know there are folks who still place value on such common courtesy skills. I feel much better after reading the replies in this thread. Thanks to all.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #22 of 34
^ I agree Mwallace. Once the buyer has paid the seller should post feedback right away. At least here on head-fi, there's nothing to be done afterwards. Posts can be edited if needed. I always try to post feedback as soon as something is sold. Sometimes I do forget though but when they notify me that it's arrived I check that I did so.

When something arrives to me and the seller hasn't posted feedback, I message something like..

"The package has arrived. They look great. Thanks so much. I'm posting your feedback now."

Usually they get the hint. Even the noobs. For me, the ones who don't are the people that should, like some veterans or people with an exorbitant amount of posts.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I agree Mwallace. Once the buyer has paid the seller should post feedback right away. At least here on head-fi, there's nothing to be done afterwards. Posts can be edited if needed. I always try to post feedback as soon as something is sold. Sometimes I do forget though but when they notify me that it's arrived I check that I did so.

When something arrives to me and the seller hasn't posted feedback, I message something like..

"The package has arrived. They look great. Thanks so much. I'm posting your feedback now."

Usually they get the hint. Even the noobs. For me, the ones who don't are the people that should, like some veterans or people with an exorbitant amount of posts.

I disagree about the seller leaving feedback before the deal is concluded. There is a lot that can happen betwen the time payment is made and the arrivial of the package. Sure, you can edit your post, but what if someone reads the inappropriate feedback before you can edit? It's a small risk, but still. A buyer could pay, then easily turn nasty, or file a paypal dispute for some ridiculous reason, or do any number of things that would make for negative feedback. I don't wait for them to leave feedback before I do, but I do believe the buyer still has some measure of responsibility until he receives his package and notifies me, in some form.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Overall, I think we do well here.

Er...ah...ken36....nice avatar. Honestly, I didn't know the little guy was your avatar, too. I can go back to good ol' Snoopy if you like.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 34
I does bother me a little when you go out of your way to make sure a transaction goes smoothly and then you dont receive any feedback for it. I don't have a lot of feedback here yet so every one counts for my credibility right now. Each time a deal is finalized, payment sent and item recieved, I've often mentioned feedback and actually posted a link to my feedback thread, and STILL didnt get any. Very annoying.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #28 of 34
I feel your pain. Recently I made a purchase from a fellow Head-Fi member. He needed the money and I really wanted his pair of headphones. Now, after 1 1/2 weeks I still do not have:
- the day of the shipment
- any documentation of said shipment
- the headphones I paid for.

It took me several e-mails asking for the tracking number to find out that his 'friend' mailed them, and he ' thinks' they were mailed 'first class'. He has given me 2 different days of when they were shipped. I have explained to him how he can get a receipt for the shipment and that he can call me anytime.

I can only assume that his standards for conducting business is vastly different from the norm on this forum.

Ed

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #29 of 34
Though I agree, in general, that we do pretty well here and that leaving feedback for a buyer after they've paid usually is fine. But I'm with Vicomte. I typically will not leave feedback for a buyer until they've received their wares and all is good. I'm not necessarily waiting for their feedback but rather that they are satisfied with everything. IMO, feedback is on the individual as it pertains to the entire transaction. A transaction isn't complete until the buyer has received their purchase and is satisfied. If something goes awry and the two work it out in a congenial matter - that should be part of the feedback. It tells people that even though something went wrong, everything was worked out in a professional matter - or not, as the case may be. It tells others what they can expect from soup to nuts.

Jul 21, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #30 of 34
I do not give any feedback unless I received or he received.

When it is confirmed, I leave a feedback with thank you email within a day.
Something like... thanks for your service. I will leave a feedback for you, and I hope you do the same for me once you received my feedback.

It usually works, but sometimes it won't work.
Sure, the transaction is done right way, but the feedback thing... it only makes him look good. That makes me feel like my feedback is wasted. I did business with him, and that was not a feedback donation business.
He can leave no feedback, but that somewhat keep me away from doing business with him in the future, and that means he is about to loose future business opportunity.

But... something that bugs me at this moment is... I had few smooth transactions with some of head-fiers OUTSIDE the head-fi. I did send them thank you emails but did not post my feedbacks at feedback forum. They did the same thing. Should I start post my feedbacks on them at head-fi... or not?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back