What happened to common courtesy???
Jul 20, 2007 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Maybe I'm just a bit out of sorts but man, when someone busts their backsides to really do a great deal with someone, they should at least get some freaking feedback!
mad.gif
I always try and go out of my way to package above and beyond what's expected and communicate to the very best of my ability. Still, it never seems to fail....do your best and the recipient of your efforts give NO FEEDBACK! Guess it shouldn't bother me, but it does. Makes me feel like saying to hell with service. Forget leaving anyone feedback anymore. It's not important anyway, right?

Forgive the rant and I'm sorry if I'm over-reacting here. It just really disturbs me that some members on this board simply have lost the ability to be considerate of the effort of others. Guess times and this board have really changed over time, no?

Hey, sorry for the rant. Everyone have a great weekend despite my pissing and moaning.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 34
Did you try messaging this person and asking him? Some members don't know that we normally leave feedback after transactions.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 34
maybe he saw your almost perfect feedbacks and thought it wasnt worth his time posting another one?

I wanted to give this ebay shop feedback but after realizing they have almost 8000+ with 99.9% positive i feel i shldnt bother anymore. I did send them an email and tell them i will definitely buy from them again and im very happy with their product.

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 34
I had made a couple of transactions last year and didn't realize at the time what the feedback thing was all about. It tool me a few months to get some understanding of the subject and get the feedbacks posted.

Perhaps you've just run across someone who isn't quite up to speed?

Hopefully!
cool.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, sorry for the rant. Everyone have a great weekend despite my pissing and moaning.

Lol most of us'd be long dead if somebody's mishap wrecks the weekend.

It's also courtesy to tell them about the feedback system
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 34
I have to lean to the newbie syndrome. Your buyer probably doesn't realize what is going on and may be a little shy to ask for help. I think most here want to leave good feedback even when it is a questionable transaction. Try contacting again and see if there is a reason, there may be a good one
icon10.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #9 of 34
It's simple, leave feedback and ask them nicely if they can do the same! This happened to me when I sold some headphones on here, it never occurred to me that I should leave the buyer some feedback, so after a few days he sent a pm, and I sent him some feedback!

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 34
Don't forget that you can say [very casually] something like: "Leave feedback for me, and I'll leave it for you!" If you put it in with the rest of an PM or email about the whole matter, it seems less pointed.

BTW, my namesake Lazarus Long said that the disappearance of common courtesy is the first sign of the breakdown of a society/culture/civilization.

Laz

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 34
Well, this is a veteran member so feedback won't be an unknown to them. As for asking for it, I always let them know that I've left feedback upon payment(no waiting game to see if they leave feedback first) and would appreciate the same. When I don't get feedback, I usually contact them to see if everything arrived safe and sound thinking that it would be a clue. Still...nada.

As for having "enough" feedback, I guess that's a good point. Maybe they don't think it's worth the effort? If that's the case, I guess I can see that point of view. Still, given the effort I put into packaging and communication, I'd think a word or two in the feedback forum would be nice.

Guess I'm feeling a bit pissed at the world lately and venting. Just rubbed me raw to go to such effort and not even get a "thank you" for it.

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 34
Feedback> I've had several members here never acknowledge receiving the items. Just never heard from them again.

I’m not overly concerned about feedback but I would really appreciate knowing the item I sent arrived safely. I get some form of closure knowing they received the item.

To me if you complain about bad service you should comment on good service. Which would be Feedback or letting the selling know it arrived.

Have a Great Weekend

Mitch

Jul 21, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #13 of 34
If you still haven't recieved the feedback, I'll gladly say Thanks for the great packing KenW
wink.gif
, although I'm not even the buyer. There's nothing better than recieving a new toy boxed properly and with TLC and we can all appreciate your efforts.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #14 of 34
I've been skimping on feedback lately... mainly because I have WAY to much on my mind, it just gets lost in the mess of everything else.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #15 of 34
Ken, I fully understand where you are coming from. Out of the last 10 to 15 transactions I have had only 2/3 have bothered to leave feedback. This after I have asked them to please do so.

In about half the cases the other party bought something from me. When their payment arrives I have been not only PM'ed them to let them know that their payment arrived but I inform them that I have already left feedback. In some cases I even give them the link to the feedback I left. Yet, some will not leave feedback. ???

Interestingly when I am the one buying I find that in many instances the seller will not reciprocate in posting feedback once the payment has been received. In cases like this I have been leaving feedback for them after the item arrives even though they do not reciprocate.

It may be petty but I am seriously thinking of going in and removing my feedback or at least modifying it to indicate poor communication on their part. To me feedback is part of the communication needed in the buy/sell game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back