what happen to Chinese Imod thread
Feb 15, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently there has been a Chinese version (processed/discovered/done in China, dur) of the iMod that could do Video, Photo, Nano?, and Mini for a reasonably lower price.

Thanks for clarification!

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDMES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I would throw this in. Even if this chinese mod is legit, I don't believe you can call it or reference it as an iMod, because I would tend to believe that Vinnie and RWA has the rights to the name. So I think that if we are going to discuss it we need to try and reference it with another name, or maybe saying it is similar to the RWA iMod. (The name of this Thread should probably be changed for those reasons.)

That being said I don't think I would send a $300-500 iPod to China to get modified without first knowing that it is legit, and also without the company having a track record. If you send it to Vinnie and he never returned your iPod, you could go after him legally (not that he would do that), but if you send it to China, what could you do if the guy just kept it?

I'll stick with my 4G 60Gb RWA iMod iPod, and just wait patiently for the 120GB replacement drives to be launched and sold, then if Vinnie says it works, I'll have a 120GB iMod.
icon10.gif

I have a RWA Imod too, so? for a lower cost, i might try this other mod

the only thing is should i compare it with another 4g ipod photo or get a video

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira Yamato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a RWA Imod too, so?

I never said anyone shouldn't try this or do what they want, just stated my opinion. You and anyone else can do what you want. Personally I want to deal with reputable vendors. If this guy is serious about doing business, then he should provide more than just an email address as contact info. I have dealt with a number of companies overseas, and I have more info on them than just an email address and a posting in a thread on another site. I have my own company, which is Incorporated. I have all the standard business contact info and the clients I deal with don't have to question my validity. Personally I think that if this is legit, and the mod is done well, then why not consider it? It is cheaper, and he supposedly will be modding more types of iPods. Though what about customer support? If anything needs to be done to a RWA iMod, Vinnie will take care of it for you. Right now there are a lot of questions, and until they are answered, I feel justified in my scepticism.

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 22
well said, i don't think anybody will just send their ipods to china right off the bat. so for now just hang tight. i asked a friend to translate some parts of that thread and it was mentioned that the ipod mini was the best sounding ipod coming out of his mods.

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 22
For clarification reasons, why not refer to it as the ChiPod or ChiMod
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #22 of 22
Normally we would pull threads like this where the sole purpose is to speculate as to what happened to another thread. But since there have been many replies, I'll leave it here but close it for now. I've not seen the other thread in question and don't (obviously) know what issues are invovled, but I take it from posts in this thread that it's something that Jude is aware of and is reviewing administratively at this time. I'm sure all of your quesitons will be answered in due course, so just hang in there for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back