What genres is the ipod touch suited for?
Jan 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Installation

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, I'm just wondering what particular genres the ipod touch excells at? The reason being that I kinda want one mostly for random apps etc (or I may just be getting the iphone) but since it is actually a music player, I could simply use it for that genre of music only - just trying to justify buying one
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod Touch 3G is great with country music. The newer 3GS is better with western music. Both cannot reproduce 1970ies Jazz-Funk-Fusion properly, but have no issues with 1980ies records.

lol, too bad I need one for Cuban music
rolleyes.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

iPod Touch 3G is great with country music. The newer 3GS is better with western music. Both cannot reproduce 1970ies Jazz-Funk-Fusion properly, but have no issues with 1980ies records.

Country and Western, not into those in a massive way - no better time to do so though
biggrin.gif
, what's it like for classical?

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, too bad I need one for Cuban music
rolleyes.gif

For Cuban music you have to find a 2rd generation iPod - nothing else can reproduce the timbre of Compay Segundo's voice like this iPod. The limited edition U2 iPod might come close, though.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

For Cuban music you have to find a 2rd generation iPod - nothing else can reproduce the timbre of Compay Segundo's voice like this iPod. The limited edition U2 iPod might come close, though.

ROFLMAO, I tend to agree with you on Compay, but the funny thing is that Ibrahim Ferrer's down-tempo romantic bolero style doesn't sound good on either one. Fortunately I have my trusty i7/Pico/ue11s combo which reproduce his adept charismatic singing style and elegant weathered vocals just fine. Now to find a player that handles Desi Arnaz to the level he deserves
wink_face.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Installation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all, I'm just wondering what particular genres the ipod touch excells at? The reason being that I kinda want one mostly for random apps etc (or I may just be getting the iphone) but since it is actually a music player, I could simply use it for that genre of music only - just trying to justify buying one
biggrin.gif

Thanks

I like my 2G Touch for classical, soundtracks, acoustic stuff. Very clean sound IMO. Rock, dance. I'd prefer my Sony A818. My touch tends to get used for web browsing, email, and some other apps, and the kids keep taking it for games, so its rarely charged enough to use for music. Whereas the Sony is only used for music so tend to always be charged when you want it.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hispter, and the deaf,

its a great PDA and tablet, all in one device, but wouldnt be my first choice for a dap,

It a compromise. Its not the best DAP and its not the best PDA either.

I got it to try it out to see if it would work as a PDA for me. See if I'd like the iPhone. It does kinda, but the calendar isn't great, 3rd party apps don't work with alarms, notifications when they are not running, and many of the 3rd party apps, can't back up their data.

But its ok for music. Just avoid the 1G one.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 24
whats the difference in sound between my touch 2G and the 3G touch?

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure you are going to find a good answer in this thread...

Heh, I'll say!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back