What gear do you have laying around that's not getting used?
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #46 of 54
I'll list them next week (is what I tell myself every week).
Ahh yes, I often tell myself the same 😁 I bet it will be at least Christmas before I'll get myself to actually list the SMSL for sale.
Which is actually stupid of me, as I enjoy handing gear over to a new enthusiastic owner, and I get a bit of money back as well... So I should just get on with it... Soon.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #47 of 54
A Pioneer SA520 amp I bought in the 80s, an Optimus 10 band graphic equalizer purchased in the 90s and a pair of Jensen Model 4 speakers I got for my 15th birthday. I'm 66.

If I cranked that up the way I used to when I had a house of my own, I'd be looking for another apartment. Now I listen to everything on a laptop, handheld device or my Walkman and almost always through Radioshack Pro25 headphones.

Or cheap bluetooth earbuds if I go outside. You never know around here...

I know nobody is going to take them, but never when someone might need the laying on of Hands...of Stone.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #48 of 54
Headphones : AKG K701/ Austria & K701 China; Beyerdynamic DT880/ 600 ohms

Heaphone amps : Burson HA160; JDS Labs Objective2

Source : TEAC PD-H600

Vintage integrated amplifier, Kenwood KA-8006, 70wpc, [1974]

JDS Labs Subjective3/ EQ

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #49 of 54
brand new Wiim Pro Plus streamer...got it a few months ago, then had to move and haven't been able to use my system...life sucks when you need to listen to your system and cant set it up right now due to life circumstances.

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #50 of 54
I ended up listing most stuff I had laying around here in classifieds... finally. They're just sitting doing nothing with me when someone else could enjoy them.

Dec 24, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #52 of 54
Built this gaming pc for my friend's son.

Ended up giving him the shanling ua2 and sonorous iii so he could enjoy it with his new pc.

IMG_20231224_132637.jpg

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #53 of 54
I have an old Denon receiver and some old crappy speakers that I bought at goodwill that I have used a few times when troubleshooting equipment. Rather blow this stuff up then my good stuff when I am testing a bum preamp…tubes etc.

I have some cheap iems and the b&o h6 Mk 2 that never make it out of the closet. I only keep the B&O because once every year or 2, my wife will take it out somewhere for a listen.

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #54 of 54
^^hahaha, yeah, I just remembered in a basement closet I have an old Cambridge Audio Azur 540R AV receiver (circa 2005'ish, I think; barely used) and a pair of 3-way floor speakers made by a company called AV123 (went under some time ago...it was a bit dramatic if memory serves a/c the founder/owner's issues). Neither used in years; too bulky to sell/ship via online market. Now that actually remember I have these :blush: , I'll be looking for opportunities to trade them locally. Not holding my breath, LOL. Seriously, that receiver....don't even recall why I bought that thing. I'm LOL'ing at the fact I totally forgot I had these pieces.

I haven't had a serious speaker rig (those AV123 speakers don't count in this regard) in over a dozen-15 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back