What foam tips should I use to tame sibilance on my GR07s?
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WaLaoEh

100+ Head-Fier
I find that the sibilance on my GR07 is annoying as hell...so I decided to get some foam tips. :D
So the question is should I use Complys or Shure black olives??
T series, Tx series, Ts series, P series, or Shure black olives?

Is there any other tips you guys could recommend? Or is there an alternative way to taming sibilance?

Help me please! :)

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 4
If you go with Shure, you'll have to mod the tips... aka decore them and fit them on the sound port yourself, which doesn't promise a secure fit. I tried this on a different set and the tips kept coming off.
I just got a GR07 a few weeks ago (still forming my own opinion) and got my Ts-400 by comply to fit on them. They aren't officially compatible, but they will fit if you push the tip on all the way so it covers the bottom large ring/ridge; they won't work or fit unless you push the tips on all the way. 
When it comes to foam tips, you (arguably) won't get better than Comply, but there are other options if you dig around for them. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I find that the sibilance on my GR07 is annoying as hell...so I decided to get some foam tips. :D
So the question is should I use Complys or Shure black olives??
T series, Tx series, Ts series, P series, or Shure black olives?

Is there any other tips you guys could recommend? Or is there an alternative way to taming sibilance?

Help me please! :)

I wouldn't recommend foamies for the GR07, as they tend to kill the overall sound. I've found luck with the large Jays silicon tips. If you really want foams, the Jays foam tips don't affect the sound as badly as others. Olives murder the GR07's sound IMO

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend foamies for the GR07, as they tend to kill the overall sound. I've found luck with the large Jays silicon tips. If you really want foams, the Jays foam tips don't affect the sound as badly as others. Olives murder the GR07's sound IMO

ok thanks! so jays tips work? does it fit securely on the GR07? im scared it might be loose or smth..
and do they reduce sibilance compared to the stock GR07 tips? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back