What drove you to/away IEMs
Feb 16, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #46 of 53
My brother owns a pair of shure, and i personally hated them when i tried them (even wit hall the different foam pieces and such). i didn't like the feeling of something in my ear, and didn't like the sound they produced at all.

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #48 of 53
i love the portability of IEM's. that, and constantly being in the library + other silent places were the deciding factor for getting IEM's. i would want some headphones, but they just dont fit my aesthetics *yet* =p

sooo, until i get out of college, im sticking with IEM's =p

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #49 of 53
I 'have' to use IEM's. After ear surgery, the acoustics in one ear are screwed up, meaning that the only way I can get a good balanced sound is through a perfect seal with IEM's. On the plus side, I'm saving a small fortune not being able to use full size cans.

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #50 of 53
For iems:
portablility and no real need for amp
low profile (i often sleep with them on)
isolation
inconspicuous use during school with a hood ^^

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #51 of 53
I hate people. I hate hearing them chatter. I hate hearing them at the office. I hate hearing them at the gym.

IEMs are a blessing.

[size=xx-small]Note: I don't really hate people, but I do like to stay focused at work and at the gym. I distract easily, and IEMs help block out distractions.[/size]

Feb 17, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #52 of 53
i started to worry about all the dirt and crap going in my ears from taking them in and out, it started to irritate my canals. i was using Shure E4c with the yellow foam tips and they got really disgusting,i was always changing them. i did like the sound though, very in-head but alot of detail and good punch. for home use on a home amplifier the e4 were not comparible to full size IMHO, i didnt want to spend $400-500 on IEMs so i ditched them alltogether

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate people. I hate hearing them chatter. I hate hearing them at the office. I hate hearing them at the gym.

IEMs are a blessing.

[size=xx-small]Note: I don't really hate people, but I do like to stay focused at work and at the gym. I distract easily, and IEMs help block out distractions.[/size]

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back