What does the Letter mean in sony's mp3 player line up?
Jan 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

deadly55

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I i read a post recently explaining the differences between the X,S, and E series but i can't find it anymore.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 8
thanks that's the post. looks like the E series isn't that bad. any idea if the E340 can power my grados and hd555s fine?

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks that's the post. looks like the E series isn't that bad. any idea if the E340 can power my grados and hd555s fine?

For sound quality I'll only consider the X, A and S series. The B and E series aren't quite up to the SQ of the other three models.

My hunch would be that they're capable of driving the grados quite well not so sure about the sennheisers though.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 8
well i've had a clip+ and a fuze, The E series surely must be better then them?

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i've had a clip+ and a fuze, The E series surely must be better then them?

I don't think much of what am saying is useful to you. They're just hunches. However, what am certain of is that the X, A and S series have a higher fidelity in terms of sound quality than the E series. The Clip and Fuze have been favorably compared with the S730/630 series so you may in fact be downgrading if you go to the E series.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Anythingbutipod.com rated the e series and the s series to be virtually identical in sound signiture through their testing. The s series just seems to have a bit more fruit onboard (speakers, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back