What does one do if they recieve an eBay item that they didn't pay for?
Aug 21, 2009 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
Title says it all. Comments please.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 47
Ummmm...return it?

Do you know who the seller is? If so, contact them thru Ebay and have them pay for return shipping. If you don't know who the seller is...and I'm sure you could probably find out via the return address...then enjoy your ill-gotten booty.
confused_face.gif

The point here is you should return it because you didn't pay for it.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 47
I got invoiced, and to be honest, I wasn't intending on buying them for myself. As for shipping, it is a relatively large item, and the shipping just to my house was about 33% of the items value, maybe more.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got invoiced, and to be honest, I wasn't intending on buying them for myself. As for shipping, it is a relatively large item, and the shipping just to my house was about 33% of the items value, maybe more.

I'm confused...did you commit to buying what you received? Did the seller simply ship you something you committed to buy before you paid for it? Jeebus...some details would be nice here...ya know...for us slow people.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the said item is ?

Lets just say its big and not too easy to ship.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused...did you commit to buying what you received? Did the seller simply ship you something you committed to buy before you paid for it? Jeebus...some details would be nice here...ya know...for us slow people.

I was going to re-sell them to someone before I paid for them. I never paid for the item, and it was shipped to me.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #11 of 47
Well whoever was agreeing to those terms must have been a NOOB lol

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well whoever was agreeing to those terms must have been a NOOB lol

There were no terms. I have had no contact with the seller whatsoever.

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFMFT

X3- That's the kind of thing you just don't do, and absolutely don't share. Did you place a bid on the item? How did he know to ship it to you?

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X3- That's the kind of thing you just don't do, and absolutely don't share. Did you place a bid on the item? How did he know to ship it to you?

I honestly don't know why or how he got my shipping address. I placed a bid on the item and ended up winning. What I usually do is I forward the invoice to someone (usually a friend) who really wants the item at hand. I thought that someone would have had interest in the item by now and that it would be off my hands, but apparently know one wants it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back