What do you while you listen?
Mar 29, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 79
I agree. I try to listen for a different instrument, or quirks in the recording (breaths and such) whenever i listen to something familiar.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #17 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yo-yo.
(it's not that up and down stuff, you gotta watch the video. it's less lame than it sounds. Still doesn't get girls, but neither does hifi.)

oo cool. I have a few friends that yo-yo too. they are pretty freaking crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMiller1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually sit on the floor, with lots of pillows between me and the wall, and just listen.

Haha, I only have 4 pillows... I should pick up more
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 79
Sometimes I listen as a background thing while doing something noiseless (eg. browsing the internet) but I also like to listen while doing nothing at all, so the focus is solely on the music.

Sometimes I play music while gaming, because nothing gets you in the mood to rip enemies' faces off (figuratively speaking
tongue_smile.gif
) quite like a good heavy song does (like Metalcore or Melodic Death Metal).

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #19 of 79
I usually just sit. Sometimes I will also play games on Yahoo or read Head-Fi.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #20 of 79
NY Times Crossword puzzle.....in ink.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In some states it is illegal to operate a vehicle. I live in Wisconsin (pissed that it's snowing, it's freakin
March 27th!!!), and it IS illegal, and you can get like a $120 ticket.

And to get to the thread, I sit back and focus on the music, usually in bed.
Atom Heart Mother=Sleeping before Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. Every time.

LOL! Im from the Madison area and my parents still live there. Talked to my dad on the phone and he was complaining about the snow too. It was 70 here today
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

As far as what I do while listening. I would estimate that I listen to music between 30-50% of my day. With that huge of a chunk of the day being music involved, it means that Im doing just about any and everything when Im listening. Usually its homework, internet, walking to/from class, eating. Yea, thats about ALL I do =P Thank you engineering major not leaving me time for anything else.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: is it illegal to wear headphones while operating a vehicle?

It's very irresponsible to do so. You need all your senses to be alert. It's dumb and it's dangerous.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #23 of 79
I used my desktop PC as a music source. So most of my listening time is when I was using on my computer for surfing the net, chatting, and studying (if it is not on a very complicate topics).

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's very irresponsible to do so. You need all your senses to be alert. It's dumb and it's dangerous.

so what about the kids with the subwoofer that makes the car shake? and surround sound speakers? seems like a double standard to me.

Anyway, I read headfi. and read books. and ride a bike and go for walks while listening to headphones.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #26 of 79
Right now it is 2:08 AM. I am in my college room, my roommate is gone. I turned all the lights out, adjusted the brightness of the monitor down, and opened the blinds of the window, so that the outside of the campus is visible. I can see the blinking lights in the darkness, with little raindrops around them and on my window. I am comfortably sitting halfway horizontally on my chair and listening to Moby - Where You End on 15% of volume. If I wasn't writing this, my eyes might have been closed. This is the typical listening session to me.

On the other hand, I'm usually listening to music whenever on the PC while browsing or sometimes gaming. However, I cannot concentrate if I am reading and listening to music at the same time. During the day I also listen at higher volume, mainly to overcome the noises of my roommate.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #28 of 79
im usually studying or doing something online (like being here or just surfing the net)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back