What Do You Use For Burn-In?
Apr 15, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #34 of 63
5 mins of pink noise, some bassy pop-techno songs (amispopitusta for us finns
tongue.gif
) on repeated playlist thru night or two.

Apr 15, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #35 of 63
Hi guys. Did some searching on previous threads about this topic...general consensus was that Pink Noise is great, but that it can perhaps be overly stressful if played continuously.

Many threads referenced this site for test tracks including a 20-minute pink noise track. However there was also reference to this post which suggests a track with alternating bouts of pink noise and silence. Has anyone perhaps generated such a track and have it available for download somewhere (or can you suggest how to go about making one)?

Thanks and cheers,
X

Apr 15, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #38 of 63
I used the link I posted below. As Xenithon mentioned nr. 58 contains 20 minutes of pink noise. I used it below normal listening levels. I let it run for every night and during the day my cans played normal music or nothing at all. They also needed a break I gues. Kept it up till they have been having around 130 hrs of pink noise. The music and me listening did the rest of the burn-in.
http://www.binkster.net/extras.shtml#cd

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #40 of 63
Hi all....I had one more question lingering on my mind regarding burn-in: how long do you run your headphones in for in one session?

For example, lets say you want to burn them in for 100 hours total. Would you give them like a full day (24h) then a break until then the next 24h session? Or would you split it up more, like 4-5 hours burn in then some rest time, etc.

Cheers,
X

PS. in my situation I have a pink noise test track which is 20 minutes pink noise, 2 minutes silence, which is repeated over and over. My question would be, how long would I keep it playing for continuously until giving an extended break?

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #43 of 63
Whether pink noise or CD though, do you guys let it play for like 20-30 hours in one go before giving it a break, or split it into shorter "sessions" (e.g. 4-5 hours)?

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #45 of 63
Hmm checking through this thread and looking through some links to create a track with alternating pink noise and silence. But then one link sent me directly to playing pink noise and I had my IEMs in. Scared the frick out of me >_< The other links I hope should prove helpful though~Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back