What do you use as an iPhone 3G Dock for charging?
Aug 16, 2008 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pkshiu

100+ Head-Fier
Apple of course sells $20 cables and $50 docks. I am looking for something to charge my iPhone 3G, possibly also sync it, and possibly get a LOD out of it also. What are some good in expensive choices that you use?

Thanks,
P.K.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 3
I picked up a 3G this week and have been reluctant to buy a dock. There will be another new model next year that I'll probably buy. Odds are this dock will be obsolete when the next iPhone hits.

I've just been running the cable out of the charger and leave the phone on the desk to charge. I'd like a dock, but I don't want to spend an extra $50 each time I upgrade my phone.

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up a 3G this week and have been reluctant to buy a dock. There will be another new model next year that I'll probably buy. Odds are this dock will be obsolete when the next iPhone hits.

I've just been running the cable out of the charger and leave the phone on the desk to charge. I'd like a dock, but I don't want to spend an extra $50 each time I upgrade my phone.

Exactly how I feel. Problem is that often my phone runs out of juice during the day, so I need an "extra" dock/cable/something for the office. I could carry the single cable with me back and forth but it's a little bit of a hassle. BTW I picked up a discounted griffin car charger for it because it was not certified for iPhone 3G but it works, so at least I am covered while I am in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back