What do you think of Spotify?
Aug 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #61 of 78
I have around 35 invites. If you're interested, pm your email adress to me, enjoy :) 

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #63 of 78
Spotify is useful for me. Sure, the interface is clunky and annoying and the files are sub-par in quality. However, I'm not using it for serious listening; nor would I expect any true music lover or audiophile would. Instead, I use it to sample and explore new artists and albums before buying. For the past decade, I've done that with BitTorrent, which is a cumbersome and risky process. Spotify allows me to sample albums in their entirety and in reasonable-quality with just a couple clicks and no illegal downloads.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #64 of 78

Quote:
Spotify is useful for me. Sure, the interface is clunky and annoying and the files are sub-par in quality. However, I'm not using it for serious listening; nor would I expect any true music lover or audiophile would. Instead, I use it to sample and explore new artists and albums before buying. For the past decade, I've done that with BitTorrent, which is a cumbersome and risky process. Spotify allows me to sample albums in their entirety and in reasonable-quality with just a couple clicks and no illegal downloads.

This.

But as it turns out, I don't really listen critically as much anymore, so Spotify is being used alot.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #65 of 78
That's what I've been using MOG for.  I need to spend time comparing the selection in MOG and Spotify.   It's a shame there's no trial period for Spotify on the iPhone. I never would have started paying for MOG if I hadn't been able to evaluate it on my phone first.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #66 of 78

Quote:

this is exactly why i love spotify. soo much better for listening to a few songs off of a cd before purchasing

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #67 of 78
UPDATE! Spotify (USA) now has tabs along the top for Overview, Biography, Related Artists, and Artist Radio. The last two are rather helpful.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #68 of 78
It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but comparisons on the net say MOG is the leader in sound quality.  Their selection also seems a bit better (ie. they have Floyd's entire catalog).

If you only stream to a PC they're only $5 a month for 320kbps streaming.  Been using it for about 6 mos now, love it dearly.  New releases usually come out instantly.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #69 of 78
I haven't seen a reason to switch from MOG to Spotify.  I've found a few albums on Spotify that aren't available on MOG, but also and equal number on MOG that aren't available on Spotify

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #70 of 78
Eh... I'm not worried about their catalogue of older artists. I have most of that as lossless already. What I'd like to know is which has more newer artists, especially the less top-50 guys.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #72 of 78

Quote:
Eh... I'm not worried about their catalogue of older artists. I have most of that as lossless already. What I'd like to know is which has more newer artists, especially the less top-50 guys.

What I've been looking at is new releases and genres, or just albums, I haven't heard before, new and old.  I'd guess that unless it's obscure, new releases are on both.  The few new releases I haven't found, aren't on either.

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #73 of 78
I'm enjoying it for the purpose of listening to any old stupid tune that enters my mind instantly. I have most of the music I want for now, but now and again I'll get a silly old song pop into my head out of nowhere and spotify lets my listen to it right away. It's nifty.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #74 of 78
I tired having Spotify as an iTunes-esque replacement for my Atrix. It seemed that Spotify has no comprehension of proper editing of ID3 tags ( for my MP3 library ), I uninstalled it from my laptop and phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back