What do you think of Soundmagic HP 100?
Nov 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nikrage

New Head-Fier
I've made my decision to take the Soundmagic HP 100. I know they are quite new and not very popular, but I did my research and they look very impressive. What do you think about them? I'm also open to alternatives and comparisons.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 7
I guess you read my reviews, HP200 is open back, more neutral and detailed with wider soundstage. HP100 is closed back, isolation is good, smooth sound, balanced with good detail and not fatiguing.

Both are very well built, and comfy. Also both work better with an amp, but is not necessary.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 7
Yes, I saw your review. HP 100 covers my needs. I guess I'll have to purchase them from Amazon though. There are no distributors in my country. It's a shame they are not more popular. They look the best for that price range. I also like their design - I don't know why people diss it.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 7
I have not found anyone who doesnt like the sound, they are excellent for the price.

Dont forget to post impressions on my review thread if you get them. Amazon is a good place to get them, in europe there are a few sellers:
zococity.es
hifiheadphones.co.uk
advancedmp3players.co.uk

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #7 of 7
While I don't have these headphones yet, I would like to bring one point. The HP100 appear to have gotten the HP200's cable set and vice-versa. It it an excellent way to get one to purchase both of the headphones so as to have the HP200 with the coiled cable for home and the HP100 with the straight cable for when your on the go.
I personally (like yourself I assume) can only afford one headphone at the moment which makes getting the coiled cable with the HP100 an unfortunate and (potentially) uncomfortable trade-off.
Update: I received the HP100 earlier today and they sound excellent compared to my Shure SE215. Where as on every track with SE215, the bass notes were a rumbly and boomy mess, the HP100 gave the bass a wonderfully textured presentation. The mids between the two were similar and the highs are quite recessed on the SE215 for me. The coiled cable isn't that big of a let down as I imagined but I still don't like it. The earpads are very comfy but ont deep enough as the tips of my ears still touch the mesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back