What do you think about while listening to music?
Nov 16, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 67
I selected the first one, nothing, but it really depends on my mood. I also do some of the other options, but when I need a break from the world, it's just listen and let the mind do whatever.

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #17 of 67
It depends on how many times I've heard the song before...

If it's the first time, it can be any of those options, but if it's past that, then I'm most often thinking about the music itself: how the instruments sound, how they're mixing together, beat, tempo, etc.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 67
All sorts of things, depending on the situation and where I am located.
Work, the music itself, family life, friends, holiday trips, ...

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #21 of 67
Usually, I try just to enjoy the power of music, but often catching myself on the fact that I'm thinking about things not related to the ongoing process.
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #22 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All except this one:

I think about the technical facets of the music- how it was recorded, what instruments were used,etc

And not all at the same time, obviously.

Why is music?

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #23 of 67
Re: the poll. There should be an all of the above category.

In my case, I may be analysing the music for a lecture, listening just for fun (steam of consciousness), listening to access my stereo kit or a new piece of gear, listening to get in the mood for love, listening just for background ambiance, listening to relax, listening to my own compositins to revise or finally call it a wrap, and so on and so forth.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #25 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re: the poll. There should be an all of the above category.

True true. I wanted to kinda force people to choose, but I didn't think you'd all be so eclectic in your "reason(s)" for listening. Well whatever that verb should be. That is a good thing, though. Single-minded enojyment of music would probably be a waste
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[...]listening to get in the mood for love[...]

I never quite understood this one. Music just doesn't affect me that way...

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and did I mention lips?
tongue.gif

I don't know if these were intentionally innuendos or not, but you should avoid such things on a forum that is likely 90% male. Unless that is the response you were looking for... in which case we have colorful words with which to describe such shameful behavior
tongue_smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #29 of 67
I picked the tech stuff. I love to tear the music apart while listening and enjoy each part individually as well as a part of the whole.

One of my favorite ways is to listen first on the MS2i(or HD600) and then listen again on the other set and listen for a different take on the same music.

Lotsa fun!

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #30 of 67
If I'm not enjoying the music for the sake of the music (not actively thinking). Then I will be paying attention to the lyrics or thinking about whatever I'm reading at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back