What do you store your IEM (Custom/Universal) in?
Mar 22, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #16 of 36
Hmm. Well, for the customs I do use that little blue vinyl/plastic case Sensaphonics sends. Nothing fancy, but given the abuse gear gets in my bags, I'd want a little bit of protection for the soft silicone. But everything else (E4c, super.fi, heck HF-1) just get tossed in with anything else.

Never could understand people who baby their gear...

Best,

-Jason

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 36
The Sensas are wound up and placed in an Altoids Sours tin.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #19 of 36
I always said I would store my UE10;s in a case or something, but after 1 day of walking on campus it became a pain, so no more. I just put them in my pocket

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
See post #8
very_evil_smiley.gif

And post #4 (UE5c's).

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 36
I use the clam shell that came with my e3c as well.

Offers great protection but is a pain in the arse to wind it up loosely to avoid kinks and nicks in the wire. I've had for 6 months and can get wrapped it in under a minute.

There must be an alternative!
mad.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
There must be an alternative!
mad.gif

I'm telling you guys....the 3M electrical tape case is perfect. ANY IEM fits in easily with loose wire coiling. It is easy on your headphones, semi-rigid, slides easily into pockets, never opens by accident, and is water resistant!

And they're literally FREE. I repeat FREE.

Here's a picture:

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...666U66c7rrrrQ-

It's the disc on top. It has a colored cardboard card inside which pops right out (resulting in an all clear white holder you can see through).

I have yet to find any carrier made for IEM's that works any better than these.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #26 of 36
http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/Sof...html?E+scstore

Store my UM2 in here when I'm using the HD 25, had to buy it separately as mine came with the clamshell case. The built in dissicant pack keeps 'em moisture free and helps forestall deterioration of something or the other. Have one of those small Westone Monitor Savers for travel. Don't use either much but they're nice to have, just in case. I read somewhere that Altoid tins aren't the best thing to use for IEM's as they generate excessive moisture. Don't know if it's true or not but it might be worth looking into if you're using one.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #27 of 36
how big is this case? looks pretty huge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/Sof...html?E+scstore

Store my UM2 in here when I'm using the HD 25, had to buy it separately as mine came with the clamshell case. The built in dissicant pack keeps 'em moisture free and helps forestall deterioration of something or the other. Have one of those small Westone Monitor Savers for travel. Don't use either much but they're nice to have, just in case. I read somewhere that Altoid tins aren't the best thing to use for IEM's as they generate excessive moisture. Don't know if it's true or not but it might be worth looking into if you're using one.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven
how big is this case? looks pretty huge.

It's pretty big. Definately not portable. I think I'll extend my cmoy altoid case to make room for my E3s. I used the spindle for my old E2cs which worked fine but took a while and but stress on some of the cables so I'd recommend you didn't rolll them too tight.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #30 of 36
I got the Westone Pelican case. Its exterior is about 28X12.5X5cm. Not too big if you carry a bag but too bulky for everyday use.

If you want a Pelican case, i think its better to get the Westone one cos it has inserts to hold your earphones. The standard Pelican does not have inserts, have to buy the sponge inserts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back